Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

RS4 18 SS drift questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:19 AM
sputnikxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 18 SS drift questions

I just got my 18ss and I want to set it up for drifting... Is the stage d drift kit really worth it?.. or can I get the drift tires, adjust the suspension to a good recommended setting and be able to drift just as well?....

ive never drifted, I have read several threads to try to answer my own questions... but im clueless on the proper rs4 setup for drifting...

I guess there is no 1 right way but I wanted to hear your opinions on a good rs4 setup
Old 05-23-2007, 03:51 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RS4 18 SS drift questions

get a spare set of diffs and lock them up, put drift tires, strategically place weights to balance the car if neccessary, and off you go. I personally recommend you get a cheap piece of crap mill to put in there as well, a .12 or something, as you don't need much power to drift and you need to run at high revs for extended periods, which no nitro engine is going to like. I don't drift myself, so this is just based on observation, any nitro drifters, please feel free to correct me...
Old 05-23-2007, 04:28 AM
HeLLsGoD

I drift mine when i get a chance to run on clean smooth surfaces. The stage-d kit isnt worth it unless your gonna be serious about drifting a nitro. I run yokomo drift radials on mine. A good balance of grip and slip
Old 05-23-2007, 11:56 PM
sputnikxxx

Ok.... any spring setup that work well?....
Old 05-24-2007, 12:48 AM
HeLLsGoD

You will need to fully lock your rear diff for starters, makes a big difference and your drifts look better

I have aftermarket adjustable shocks. Although im still using the stock springs from the box. I can just tighen and loosen it for stiffness control.. for drifting i use 4mm for the front and 6mm for the rear, 7mm for the engine side shock since that side is heavier and more weight will shift onto that side.

I use the C-clip spacers as a guide on my adjustable shocks. I clip it on the shock body, tighten the shock ring till it stops moving and take the C-clip out. Very accurate way of measuring and keeping the shocks at the right measurments
Old 05-24-2007, 01:32 AM
sputnikxxx

How do I lock the rear dif?
Old 05-26-2007, 06:39 AM
fugadude

Get a good cooling head from Nova RC.