Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

what would happen....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:40 AM
diegopelaez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would happen....

i was looking at a post and i saw a picture that this guy put his receiver on the back differential of his car. what would happen if you put the esc on the back differential??

here is the post. it is about the 11th reply. it has some pictures of the body and how the receiver is on the rear differential. the post is by sjn: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_44..._2/key_/tm.htm
Old 03-14-2008, 10:24 AM
ryuhito

Default RE: what would happen....

One of two things would happen: glitching or no glitching. Interference isn't really an on/off switch, it would depend on the radio system, what kind of diff was being used, where the car was being driven, etc. Considering it would take about 5 minutes to try it, test it, and move it back if you don't like it, that's what I would suggest.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:43 AM
TIGER76

Should work no problems.
The reason i have mine above the steering servo is too counterbalance the battery weight on opp side of chassis
Old 03-14-2008, 10:53 AM
xzavin

nothing should happen really, um i think the main reason for doing that is just for space on your chasis, right now i've had some pretty bad problems with my electronics falling off, my esc and my on/off switch fall off constantly but actually lately my ESC has stayed in place. (i took wh ite duct-tape and taped my switch on top of my battery holder (i have a HPI car), but also keep in mind, how long are your wires, you do not want to make them strained at all, most of my wires are loose, actually all of them. I also duct-taped my wires together so they stick together and arent all over the place. TT-01 cars are foreign ground to me i got no clue how to customize them so yea....GL!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:08 PM
magnat

Mounting electronics high up in the chassis reduces their protection from smashes and roll overs..
The Base of an Electronic component like an ESC or Reciever offers a larger contact area for you to apply Double sided tape then its side profile... ..

Mounting Tape or 3M Double sided foam tape is good stuff to stick your components to your chassis..

A Chassis Body offers far more protection for components then say the front bumper or in between body posts.
If Your running out of room on your chassis, the next best thing is to look for an upper deck.. this allows you to mount the electronics over the centre of the Chassis still within the chassis area of protection...

In an impact from the rear, the Body posts will flex and the shell will also collapse and I would not like to have my ESC/Reciever dislodged from the car all because I chose to mount it in an area of low protection..

I have seen the rear end of TT-01's being snapped clean off in a drift battle right at the top of the diff covers.. but I have yet to see a Chassis Crack in half...