Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

subaru impreza tt-01 drift special?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

subaru impreza tt-01 drift special?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:02 PM
soccerballer16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subaru impreza tt-01 drift special?

I saw this car and i liked it! is it a good car for a beginner??
Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Dorigecko

Default RE: subaru impreza tt-01 drift special?

yes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: soccerballer16

I saw this car and i liked it! is it a good car for a beginner??
as long as you realize you must build it and paint the body then yes, it's a good entry level beginner drifter.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:36 PM
xzavin

No, TT-01s are decent first timer drifters, but they tend to not have enough upgrades for just drifting and I find that a lot of people I know that have them, really got annoyed while trying to drift, HPI Sprint2Sport Drift car is awesome, it comes with an instructional sheet on how to drift, drift tires, and drift motors, stock, you don't need to worry about buying extra items, it's great, and you can buy extras if you want! I personally hate Tamiya after a few short run ins with there HORRIBLE customer service, but the car isn't the best either.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:28 PM
soccerballer16

ohh well can i slap regular tires on the sprint 2 drift sport and drive regularly w/o drifting??
Old 12-12-2008, 09:33 AM
peetiewonder

tt01 is an excellent car for beginning. you only need a few basic upgrades to get it drift ready. aluminum shaft, motor mount and ball bearings, and then lock the diff, put silly puddy in the front and gear the motor. I just built one not too long ago and i can hang with cars running big brushless systems with it. Its just as much about the car as it is your ability to drive it.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:55 PM
magnat

ORIGINAL: xzavin

No, TT-01s are decent first timer drifters, but they tend to not have enough upgrades for just drifting and I find that a lot of people I know that have them, really got annoyed while trying to drift, HPI Sprint2Sport Drift car is awesome, it comes with an instructional sheet on how to drift, drift tires, and drift motors, stock, you don't need to worry about buying extra items, it's great, and you can buy extras if you want! I personally hate Tamiya after a few short run ins with there HORRIBLE customer service, but the car isn't the best either.

xzavin..... there are TONNES of upgrades for the TT-01 ??
From a Carbon fibre Chassis plate to TRF Shocks...
All you need to slide is a decent Torque motor, a Set of Drift tyres, a locked Rear Diff, Ball Bearings and an Alloy Prop shaft...
and a NICE wide smooth area to slide on...

In Drift, Everyone has their Chassis preference... I for one hate the TB-02.. but that doesn't mean its a bad chassis..
I Love the TT-01... Sturdy construction, Easy to work on , Slides Great with only a few basic mods.... Hell it will slide great stock...
It does have a small steering bias problem but nothing a locked diff doesn't fix..

Old 12-13-2008, 01:14 AM
s0nicstr1fe

I assume that all customer service sucks! (until they prove themselfs)

Sprint 2 drift is good

my TT01 had to be my cheapest / strongest drift build

Without electronics I found my tt01 for 60 bucks used
Threw on some upgrades
Locked the rear diff

Spent a total of 190 bucks on a bullet proof setup that drifts just as good as anything else.

I'd recommend a tt01 to any starter or to anyone who wants a basher.
They are uber strong and cheap.

Search ebay for tt01
You'll find everything. Even adjustable alloy arms.

e10 is the cheaper HPI version of an entry level racer/drift setup with more promise in 2009 for upgrades.
HPi has also released a pure drift setup but it hasnt been released in the states yet
Old 12-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Druss

yep, i hear the call of a fanboy....

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the tt-01 as a beginner drifting machine and has enough upgrades to keep anyone happy. rcmart has 167 stock and upgrade parts for it... more than ANY other vehicle they carry parts for except the hyper 7 and mini t.

Sure they aren't the best but that's not what he asked. you can find these for under $50 as a roller. they are very robust and if you ram it into a curb... so what?
Old 12-15-2008, 06:20 PM
xzavin

ORIGINAL: Druss

yep, i hear the call of a fanboy....

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the tt-01 as a beginner drifting machine and has enough upgrades to keep anyone happy. rcmart has 167 stock and upgrade parts for it... more than ANY other vehicle they carry parts for except the hyper 7 and mini t.

Sure they aren't the best but that's not what he asked. you can find these for under $50 as a roller. they are very robust and if you ram it into a curb... so what?

Well first of all, Tamiya has ripped me off a few times so I hate them, yea, I like my HPI car, it's a lot of fun, I have used the TT-01 with almost all the upgrades for drifting a guy could want, the guy whos car it was, has just bought the thing, brought it to the local track, got some stuff for it upgraded it, he ran it around the circuit a few times and left, next week he comes in with a shiny new HPI Sprint2 and says he wants to sell the thing, I looked into it because he was willing to sell it for 50% off the price of what he payed for it, I drifted a few laps and realized that, really it wasn't that great. He had an alloy shaft, best bearings you can buy, locked the diff, he even had some good drift tires on it. Now don't get me wrong, yes the car is nice for drifting when you start out, I really thought about buying it as my first, then somebody suggested the Sprint2 and thats what I got, I found that when you want to get a better car, you can only sell the TT-01 for like 80 bucks no matter how many upgrades you put into it, yeah, it IS a nice drift car and easy to learn with but in the end you get screwed. The Sprint2 was harder to drift with for me, I started by using both at the track before I bought, but I learned over time and it fits my needs now, and guess what, the sprint2 is faster stock, drifts better stock, is BUILT for drifting, stock. But the tt-01 isn't its meant for touring. and YES all you have to do is slap on some touring tires and its good to race! Again, not saying NOT to go with the tt-01 but it is not my first choice.