Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 hey everyone need some advice >

hey everyone need some advice

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

hey everyone need some advice

Old 01-02-2009, 02:48 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey everyone need some advice

Well to start off ive been into nitro rc for proly 9 years mostly trucks and buggys and have never drove a street rc car....... but after i got some money for christmas and work i was just browsing on this forum and found that all youguys actually drift rc cars. and i havent even heard of rc drifting but now that i did some research i think i would like to start drifting..... but the question i have is would it be worth my money to buy a rc drifter for round the house just messing around or would u think it would get boring, also does any one no of any drifting tracks in western pennsylvania, eastern ohio areas. and so far ive been looking into the tt01d and the sprint 2 but i just need to know what would be cheaper but be durable because i dont want to spend more than 150$,,,, o and thanx for any help and if my ccar choices arent the greatest please suggest what would be the best for me.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:19 PM

Default RE: hey everyone need some advice

I like your car choices. These are good cars for under $150. Another one to look at is the HPI E10. It would be the cheapest. I got an HPI Sprint 2 Drift Sport for Christmas. I love it!! Out of these 3 (Sprint 2, TT-01D, E10) the E10 would probably be the best for you. I like the Sprint 2 cause it has tons of adjustment/hopups. I'm sorta a newbie myself, so hopefully some "pros" can shed some more light on this subject. Good luck!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:23 AM

[sm=teeth_smile.gif] tt-01d are good i got one but make you first go a big area becoz i got mine and taped the throttle and i hit a poll and smash the front up looks wores in real live
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85462.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1102212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87818.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1102213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54819.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1102214  
Old 01-03-2009, 03:10 PM

I live in Pittsburgh. i have not found any on road rc car tracks at all. I have a rs4 evo3. It has been sitting with a bum motor for 3 years now. With my Christmas money Im going to drop a new motor in it. Not sure if I want to make it a drifter tho. All I would need to make it a drifter would be drifter tires i think.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:59 PM

You are correct. Drift tires are all you need that is as long as you have a 4WD car. Don't get me wrong, you can drift 2WD, (personally haven't done it), but I hear it is quite a bit harder and needs more speed or something like that.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 PM

thanx for all the replies guys i'm goin to think it over and ask some of my buds to see if they know of any tracks near here and hey who knows i'll proly be getting into the sport/hobby of drifting real soon, and thanx you guys are all a real help
Old 01-03-2009, 10:23 PM

No problem.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 PM

any time
Old 01-04-2009, 08:44 AM

As for the can drifting be fun around the house bit , ( asuming you mean outside + around the house too ?) i think it can be fun , Especialy if you have a few friends who drift too .. Just drifting around streets or carparks is pretty fun - if your alone and drifitng ide think it may get boring , done it a few times before and wasnt so bad.. i Kept making little challenges for myself , like for example drift around a little course made of stones or whatever and for the vechile recomendation - at my local hobby shop the TT-01d and HPI e10 and pretty simular in price , Having own a TT-01 its get my vote , when i ran a 15x2 Modified in it i hit a speedbump going flat out ( interferance ) the car must of jumped about 7 feet up and then did a fair few rolls and survived very , Very durable car owned mine for 2 years and only thing that broke is the spur gear.

Hope this helps a lil

Silv
Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 PM

thanx guys for all the help i have ordered an team associated tc4 and cant wait till it comes, once i get it i give u some pics,thanx
Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 PM

i have another question just wanted to know when my associated tc4 gets to my house will i/should i lock the diffs or not thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 02:44 PM

I would definetly go with locking the diff's , it's just a nice cheap improvement

Silv
Old 01-11-2009, 07:48 PM

Drive it first before locking...

At least then you'll be able to see a difference in performance. It may be better or worse but at least you can make your OWN mind up.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 PM

thanks but if i lock the diffs will it perform well on carpet grip racing
Old 01-12-2009, 04:25 PM

if you already have a car, you are a head of the game. tt-01 is the entry level for drifter.