RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Drifting (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-drifting-304/)
-   -   TYCO DRIFT KINGS??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-drifting-304/3596828-tyco-drift-kings.html)

savage_guy 11-28-2005 06:14 PM

TYCO DRIFT KINGS???

R THESR CARS GOOD DO THEY DRIFT GOOD N IF THEY DO IM GANNA GET 1 LOL BUT IF U DONT KNO WAT IM TALKING ABOUT HERE
http://tycorc.com/us/product.asp?cat...tegory_id=7815

savage_guy 11-28-2005 06:19 PM

RE: TYCO DRIFT KINGS???

AND THIS TOO
http://cgi.ebay.com/TYCO-NIKKO-R-C-9...QQcmdZViewItem

BassMan257 11-28-2005 06:21 PM

alot of us decided that if you spent just a little more, you could have a car that would not only perform better, but would last longer, and be much more pleasing to own...

(of course i dont want to speak for everyone.. because i cant... so everyone state your rants)

gogita502 11-28-2005 06:56 PM

trust me there will be people flaming like dont get those but it depends on how much your wiling to spend. try lokking for a tamiya. better drifters. those cars are not customizable and are slow. turbo boosts suck. a tt-01 from tamiya can go from 15mph to 50 mph with customazation. try not getting these cars.

mikewoodkozar 11-28-2005 09:06 PM

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON! This has been adressed many many times.

mikewoodkozar 11-28-2005 09:07 PM

Oh and dont post links to auction sites

oonoiroo 11-29-2005 01:35 AM

I have a drift kings. If you get it, you will probably think that it's such an awsome thing. But actually, once you get a REAL R/C(like me...), you will see your drift kings as "Drift Ass."

Honestly, do not buy a drift kings. On ebay, I got an RTR(ready to run, meaning it came with radio, electronics, wheels, body, etc.) tamiya TL-01 for $40... a drift kings is Like $70...

I now have a tamiya TL-01, a tamiya TT-01(which i will soon sell because I like the TL-01 better), and an HPI pro 3.

So just save up and get a real R/C. IT IS WORTH IT. Just read articles and boards. You will eventually find out about them. I didn't know JACK about RC cars until I just read forums, websites, and just looked at stuff. Hell, when I got my TL-01, i didn't know crap about it. I opened it up anyways. I locked the Diff. then started drifting.

And yet again, just save up and get a real R/C. IT IS WORTH IT.

driftdriftdrift 11-29-2005 05:35 PM

wow. why is this drift kings junk back again. drift kings=toys. Trinity T-Spec for example=hobby grade equipment. IMO drift kings is a waste of money because i the end when you break it where do you get replacement parts when you break it? you gotta send the whole thing back to the manufacterer if even that. sometimes when you break it its done. save for a real car.

coolkid 11-29-2005 05:41 PM

heck yes, t spec all the way!!!!!!!!

I got my t-spec for 75 bucks off ebay, and another 75 bucks for the radio and esc, and its a beauty.

BassMan257 11-29-2005 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: coolkid

heck yes, t spec all the way!!!!!!!!

I got my t-spec for 75 bucks off ebay, and another 75 bucks for the radio and esc, and its a beauty.
yeah... i just looked at the t-spec for the first time today... looks like its a nicer car for the price... sure, its not a 300 dollar car... but its cool how you can set the caster on it and stuff...

i would suggest it as a first drifter... but as a first time rc it would be a little tougher to suggest...

it looks like a nice car... i would drift it...

driftdriftdrift 11-29-2005 09:43 PM

its pretty nice im gonna have to say. i got mine for 119 new with the motor battery and all that other jazz. then got my radio for 65.

madstampede 11-30-2005 09:56 AM

i have a nikko drift car its a nissan 350 z and it came with two sets of tires to i dont really play wit it thought but when i do its a blast 1/10 scale with a 540 can i think not really fast but that was to be ecspected im going to start messing with it after winter but for now its all about the t-maxx for me

coolkid 11-30-2005 04:44 PM

yeah, nikko was a bad decision, but if your having fun with it, thats great...

I love my t-spec, i mean bassman was right, adjustable turnbickles, or all links in general, ball diff's, anodized blue shaft, pillow ball oil filled shocks, and a bunch of other stuff, and for a realllly good price, that just makes a great car right there. Definently a good first drifting car, and a decent car altogether, the setting it comes with are a little akward, but those are easy to change...

gogita502 11-30-2005 06:48 PM

well why do you people care anyways.

do both cars drift? yes

do both cars run? yes

then why hate on drift kings? it does drift maybe not as well as a fully hopped up tt-01 or yokomo but it does do what it supose to do.

coolkid 12-01-2005 04:00 PM

your not thinking of what might hypethetically happen in the future, such as breaking a part, or such, or even the thought of wanting to make it better, and faster, you wont be able to do it, because there are no hop-ups, or any parts for it. your going to get board of the same car after a while, and there will be nothing you could do to alter the performance, not even adjusting the shocks or tie rods.

it is not a hobby grade car, it is a toy that can not perform to the full potential of even the cheapest tamiya car. If you are thinking on the level of instant gratification, sure you can think you'll have fun drifting, but thene come to realize you could have something much better if you saved a little more money.

gogita502 12-01-2005 04:30 PM

but those toy cars are made to ve slow so when it does crash it doesnt damage anything. if you got those non hobbygrade cars it would last long. some dont even break within a year.

mikewoodkozar 12-01-2005 07:52 PM

I think my next car is going to be a Tamiya TB-04 evolution! BOOOO Ya

gogita502 12-01-2005 08:38 PM

ok good for you....

coolkid 12-02-2005 03:59 PM

hey man thats cool, to each his own, i personally woundt buy one, just because im a 15 year old kid who doesnt have the money to take a risk with a toy manufacturer, haha, but i dont have a problem with u liking them or whatever. We're kinda beatingthe dead horse right now in this thread, so im gonna leave it at this.

bigboi328 12-06-2005 05:01 PM

All I have to say is, I have a drift king s15 and I have beat it to death and back ex: hitting curbs,cars, run over by my tmaxx and it still goes (minus the body scratch). I have limited money (wife) and it was the only thing I could afford and still have a warranty. my d-king does drift really well compared to my freinds wrx drift by tamyira or something like that. All I am saying is if you can afford a $350 yokomo drift or gamble your money on ebay then do it, but for us ball & chain guys, hey a cheap thrill is a chep thrill. do what makes you happy, and dont worry about anybody extra 2cents.

oonoiroo 12-10-2005 11:28 PM

Ok this is all I have to say...

I Have a Drift kings RC.

I also have a TT-01(Which I do not like), a TL-01 (Which I do like), and a pro 3 (which I also like)

I got the pro 3 FULLY RTR for $125 (meaning w/ charger, battery, radio, etc.) and the TL-01 FULLY RTR (even w/ charger) for $50. And I also got a hopped-up TT-01 for $50, almost RTR, just needed radio gear and servo. Also, I bought batteries ($30 for two 3000mah), a NI-MH charger ($20) because the ones I got were only Ni-Cad chargers and DC chargers, and a stick radio for my bro ($20).

That's 3 running chassis for $300. I plan to sell the hopped-up TT-01 on ebay RTR. It should go around for $100+. I mean, I've seen countless TT-01 RTR packages on ebay that sell for $150, and they don't even have hop-ups. So hopefully it'll sell for $150.

And if it does sell for $150, That means two great drifters(or just two touring cars in-general) that are RTR for $150. Or at least for $200. Mind you, everything I got was from Ebay.

And the drift kings(which was for $70) can drift, but when compared to my TL-01 and Pro 3, The REAL RCs have WAY MORE CONTROL and power than my drift kings.

Grey94teg 02-04-2006 12:47 PM

heres a video of what this little car can do. its alot better than you would think for 50 dollars.

http://gscdownloads.com/leh/RCdriftfinal.wmv

speenair 02-04-2006 08:50 PM

wow look at that wheel wobble but hey i think my tt 01 does that, pretty decent actually.

vette_7t9 08-29-2007 07:16 PM

Instead of bashing this and that, can we hear something creative? Drift kings are absolutely awesome machines. I own the RX7 and it owns. I got it for $40 canadian, who can complain! Best bang for the buck....ever! And plus, if you are ambitious and crafty enough, it's so possible to modify a drift king. The drifts that these things pull are unbelievable. But please don't take my word for it, just get one! =]

x2o 08-29-2007 09:27 PM

Hey oonoiroo, you planning on selling that TT01?