Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Slash big bore shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:58 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slash big bore shocks

Can anyone tell me the dimension of the shock mounts for a slash/rustler ?

The big bores are calling my name
Old 09-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Krazy Chicken

Default RE: Slash big bore shocks

what do you need? i have a set of the front shocks, but no slash
Old 09-15-2010, 08:59 PM
savycharlie

I am wanting a new set of big bore shocks for my 4wd slash. What does anyone reccomend?

Does anyone have these.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Slash-4X...item45f20f9e2d
Old 09-16-2010, 02:33 AM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

what do you need? i have a set of the front shocks, but no slash
The shockcap eyelet inside diameter.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:53 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Tried a set of those Team Blue Star shocks eons ago on the old Stampede...definitely not worth the dough. Got a two sets of decade-old HPI shocks that have never been rebuilt...a set of AE FT shocks that haven't been rebuilt since 2003...even stock Savage shocks that don't leak.

Could not make those Blue Star shocks on the Stampede not leak.

They look mighty sweet though[&:]

It'll be a lot more expensive...but ThunderbirdJunkie continues to hear praise heaped on Kyosho's velvet shocks that come in the RT5/SC-R. Words like "best off road shock ever" and silly things like that.

Granted the Slash 4x4 is significantly heavier than the RT5 and SC-R, so they may not be the best choice. Maybe some softly sprung/lightly weighed 1/8 buggy shocks?

Do you have an eye-to-eye measurement? Should be a 3mm screw that goes into the shock tower...that way you can just use the shock bushings for whatever the donor is.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 AM
airmayle

MC4798- I don't have a good caliper so I could not give you the precise measurements,sorry. I did give some pics cause I'm using them on my Slash. First pic on the left is a Evader ST shock on the right is a Traxxas big bore shock. In the pic you can see the difference in diameter with the big bore (smaller). The plastic shock bushing for the Traxxas big bore shock is part#2669. The Evader ST shock is just as good as the Traxxas big bore shock. I will say that the Traxxas shock shaft is stronger. If you are looking for shocks for the Sparrowhawk xt maybe look at 1/8 scale buggy shocks (Ofna, HPI, Team Losi). The XT looks like it is heavier than a standard 1/10 scale truck by the pic, looks like it would need something a little beefier than 1/10 scale stuff just my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60593.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	1501822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28849.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1501823  
Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM
mc4798

Thanks TBJ ,

I have heard good and bad about the traxxas shocks. But they look pretty sweet.

The kyosho velvet and tamiya trf shocks are proably the best shocks ever made. But im looking something not so pricey and can easily get parts for. Kyosho stuff is hard to find.

They are for my Sparrowhawk xt. Heavy truck that has alot of suspension travel and the evader shocks just dont cut it.

If the factory option shocks was threaded I would get those. But I dont really car for those clippy things.

Yes i can add any mount bushing so that is not a issue. The offset is though. Need atleast a 10mm offset.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:07 PM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: airmayle

MC4798- I don't have a good caliper so I could not give you the precise measurements,sorry. I did give some pics cause I'm using them on my Slash. First pic on the left is a Evader ST shock on the right is a Traxxas big bore shock. In the pic you can see the difference in diameter with the big bore (smaller). The plastic shock bushing for the Traxxas big bore shock is part#2669. The Evader ST shock is just as good as the Traxxas big bore shock. I will say that the Traxxas shock shaft is stronger. If you are looking for shocks for the Sparrowhawk xt maybe look at 1/8 scale buggy shocks (Ofna, HPI, Team Losi). The XT looks like it is heavier than a standard 1/10 scale truck by the pic, looks like it would need something a little beefier than 1/10 scale stuff just my opinion.

Thanks airmayle !

The evader shocks just dont have enough travel in the front. It is a little heavier than a st truck but real close to a sc truck. I know the sc10 shocks are too short in the front.

I fitted up some raze shocks (yuck) but they actually have a smaller bore than the evader shocks. So im not really wanting to mount up 8th scale stuff on there as I still want it to perform on the track.

The search continues

The traxxas big bores are still in the lead but might have to put the factory aluminum shocks on there.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:29 PM
airmayle

Traxxas big bore shocks were one of the best upgrades for my Slash. What about Team GPM Racing or Associated factory team shocks with some RPM piston and RPM lower shock cups. I never used GPM for 1/10 scale but plan on ordering a set for my 1/18 scale.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:45 PM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: airmayle

Traxxas big bore shocks were one of the best upgrades for my Slash. What about Team GPM Racing or Associated factory team shocks with some RPM piston and RPM lower shock cups. I never used GPM for 1/10 scale but plan on ordering a set for my 1/18 scale.
So just visited a buddy with a pede. The shock mount diameter is 5mm for future refrence and will bolt right on the xt no problem

So now I need some threaded traxxas slash shocks,