Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Is a traxxas e-revo brushless worth its price tag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:13 AM
mike harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a traxxas e-revo brushless worth its price tag?

Hi there,

I have several nitro off road cars and i feel that the time has come to get an electric car as they look pretty fun and speedy! I have been looking at the traxxas e-revo brushless and i was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on it? And if it is worth the £520 price tag it has over here in the uk.

Hope someone can help me

Cheers Mike
Old 09-18-2010, 05:39 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is a traxxas e-revo brushless worth its price tag?

I'd say it's worth it if you're into the hobby. The Revo platform is really well developed and supported, add the MMM system and it's a great combo. 520 sterling is about $100 more than we pay here in the US, but still it's a great truck.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:40 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: mike harris

Hi there,

I have several nitro off road cars and i feel that the time has come to get an electric car as they look pretty fun and speedy! I have been looking at the traxxas e-revo brushless and i was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on it? And if it is worth the £520 price tag it has over here in the uk.

Hope someone can help me

Cheers Mike
Never owned one.

Have seen one in action and was really impressed. Jumps real nice and looks like it can take some abuse .
Love the look, best looking monster truck in my opinion but I like the sporty, racey look

Things I dont like are the axles, Why dont they put some steel axles on that rig ? Dual steering servo ? Not a fan of that setup either.

But to answer your question .....
Mamba 2200kv system installed which i think cost around 300 by itself
2.4g radio.
My opinion if your wanting one then yeah its worth it value wise.

I would shop around for a roller so I can put my own goodies in it and save a few bones to upgrade what will be needed like the axles.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:33 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there,

Hope someone can help me

Cheers Mike
Are you going to be racing it? If you are just going to be bashing then get the Savage Flux or Savage 2350. I have owned a brushless E-Revo and Savage Flux, but I traded my E-Revo for a Savage X SS because it couldn't stay with my Flux for bashing. That is just my opinion.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:28 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Hi there,

Hope someone can help me

Cheers Mike
They're nice trucks but I don't feel they're worth the retail price tag. I had one but sold it to get my Flux. They handle well and are fairly tough but I don't do a lot of racing. If your really wanting one, I'd find a nice used one or, like mc4798 said, a roller and save some money.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:06 PM
mike harris

I'd probably just be using it for bashing but it would be good to have the option to race with it! I have a nitro savage at the moment so it would be good to get something different. However the built quality of the savage looks better than the traxxas. So its a tough decision!!!

I just don't want to be disappointed spending so much money.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:10 PM
frankos72
My Feedback: (3)

Here's my newb opinion.

I was pondering the same thing. Then I looked at the ESavage. I have a savage 4.6 nitro I want to sell to get into electric. Ultimately I decided that the savage was probably better for bashing which is all I do so I decided to go that route. Even better I went with a used one. Can't wait till it gets here.

If I ever decide to get into racing then I might look at the revo. I think it's the best looking 4x4 out there. I think the suspension system looks interesting. I read that it has alot more parts though. I decided again that for bashing, I know my Savage 4.6 is tough and the thought of less parts to break sounds good to me.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:26 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: frankos72

Here's my newb opinion.

I was pondering the same thing. Then I looked at the ESavage. I have a savage 4.6 nitro I want to sell to get into electric. Ultimately I decided that the savage was probably better for bashing which is all I do so I decided to go that route. Even better I went with a used one. Can't wait till it gets here.

If I ever decide to get into racing then I might look at the revo. I think it's the best looking 4x4 out there. I think the suspension system looks interesting. I read that it has alot more parts though. I decided again that for bashing, I know my Savage 4.6 is tough and the thought of less parts to break sounds good to me.

E-Savage??? Do you mean Flux? Because the E-Savage in no way could compare to a Flux.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
AdamW

Slash 4x4 would be a better choice in my opinion. I was looking to get an E-Revo too but due to it having 2 batteries, higher price tag, and reading comparisons of the 2 from users who have driven both, it seemed to me that the Slash 4x4 was the better choice.

Traxxas needs to come out with a 4x4 Stampede. I think they would have SOMANYSALES with such a truck!!!!! COMEONTRAXXAS, make a 4x4 Stampede!! ONE battery, and ONEmotor (brushless Velineon)!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:54 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't speak for the Brushless Version but I own the Brushed E-Revo running a pair of Kershaw 700HO's and it is by far my favorite monster truck. I've owned the E-Savage and a couple of E-Maxx's and the E-Revo is a much better truck in every way. Other will disagree I'm sure but after trying a few different models I decided that a true monster truck (big tires, sits high) is not for me. Too much frustration involved in driving them. The E-revo in either brushed or Brushless will run circles around either one if there are any kind of turns involved.

I say buy it.... I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed......
Old 09-28-2010, 04:25 PM
AdamW

The majority of feedback that I hear everywhere defintely supports your opinion!! Many people do love that E-Savage though but it seems the majority prefer the E-Revo. Either of the two are winners being HPI and Traxxas brands.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:36 PM
BiGoBooGieMaN

Im very new to the sport and I dont really know much about other cars other than my own.  I have an e revo set up with the mmm and it is very fast it is pretty hard to drive if you just smash on the trigger, but im sure most of you already know that.  The things I have had issues with are the drive axles and a arms everything else seems to be good.  I am running it with 2 3s 4000mah in it and it has a lot of run time without a whole lot of heat build up.  Also I am not sure what everyone one else is running but i ran the traxxas up grade axles and they didn't even last one run so you might want to look at some other options. 
Old 10-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

The e-revo is my fav truck but I just can't justify the exorbitant price tag that traxxas puts on it.
It is an excellent product but I think their pricing is wrong.
For a 679 dollar RC they include the 2 batteries and 2.4ghz radio but if someone new to this rc is going to buy their first vehicle... they would NOT fork over 679 bucks... An experienced user will buy one which means they have batteries and Tx/Rx.... Why not just release a no Tx/Rx/Batterie model for 499... That would be a fairer price...
Old 10-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: Sherv

The e-revo is my fav truck but I just can't justify the exorbitant price tag that traxxas puts on it.
It is an excellent product but I think their pricing is wrong.
For a 679 dollar RC they include the 2 batteries and 2.4ghz radio but if someone new to this rc is going to buy their first vehicle... they would NOT fork over 679 bucks... An experienced user will buy one which means they have batteries and Tx/Rx.... Why not just release a no Tx/Rx/Batterie model for 499... That would be a fairer price...
Because Traxxas caters and makes its money from the beginner/impatient buyer. A person has an easier time justifying $600+ for a RC "toy" when it comes with EVERYTHING you need to run, even if the battery and charger typically suck.

That being said, after owning a REvo 3.3 three years ago, I hated the Revo layout and diffs, it was such a royal PITA to work on. Not to mention the diff seals ripped ALL the damn time. I'm on my second Flux after selling my first one to get a baja 5T and I couldn't be happier. Unless your a Traxxas fanatic or wanna race, go with Flux.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 PM
100mpherevo

I was actually wonderin the same thing cause at my hobby store the mamba max is 700 and i was thinkin bout buyin one but i really dont know traxxas  is my favorite brand and i believe all their cars are great but for that much i hope i like it  please comment