Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E Revo Brushless problem, stripped tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:59 PM
kent_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E Revo Brushless problem, stripped tranny?

I thought these things were made for lipos right out of the box. I've ran this on the stock NIMH's about 5 times and finally got my lipos. I went to run it earlier today and there was a horrible almost grinding sound and it barely went anywhere. Somehow the gear mesh was off and the pinion was slipping. So I fixed the gear mesh. I went to run it again and more screeching, now the slipper clutch was slipping. I had to tighten it quite a bit before it would quit slipping. I ran it for a few more minutes and it seemed fine maybe slight slippage occurring. Anyways I went inside to get my fiance to show her what it could do with lipos, I ran it about 100yds and on the way back no more wheelies, loud screeching again, and I lost brakes. I had to stop it with my foot.

What is ging on here? Did I strip out the tranny?

By the way I was running two 4s lipos in parallel.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Krazy Chicken

Default RE: E Revo Brushless problem, stripped tranny?

probably the spur missing a few teeth when you had to reset the gear mesh, once you strip even one just a little, it all goes down from their. did you check it after it stopped working?
Old 09-18-2010, 08:05 PM
kent_man

You are right sort of . I just went out and took a look at it. The dang motor moved back away again and the mesh is jacked up. It knocked of the edges of the spur gear so now I'll need to replace that. Why is the motor moving I tightened it, but it should have been tight enough from the factory.

Lipo ready my butt, I haven't even been able to get a pack through it!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Krazy Chicken

try using just a little blue locktite on the motor mount screws that is what i do on my wheely king cause i had the same problem after a few runs.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:40 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Yea, on my Revo I had to buy bigger screws with washers and put some locktite on it. It wouldn't hold mesh at all but it will now.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 PM
860Crawler

ORIGINAL: kent_man

... but it should have been tight enough from the factory.
Are you kidding? I wouldn't trust that any parts from the factory are true and tightened. You have to give all that **** the once over before you go out and drive. Plus, you've already run FIVE packs through it previously, doesn't matter if they are NiCd or Lipos, stuff is going to come loose over time. Its not the trucks fault.