Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traction Help

Old 11-02-2010, 03:54 PM
TQamazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Help

I run my slash on hard packed clay on race day. I have S1 compound tires by Traxxas.

Any other tips to get traction and get the truck to turn better?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:39 PM
LewAshby
Banned

Default RE: Traction Help

Add weight in the tires.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Justin B
My Feedback: (8)

Do you have to run those tires? A better set of tires would help greatly.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:21 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

If this is a spec class and you MUST run the Slash tires, wipe them down in simple green.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 PM
morespeed

ii have these tires and they work great, if you came find them. i got mine from tower hobbies. jconcepts goose bumps.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:47 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Goosebumps won't work well where he's running.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:54 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

Loosen your slipper another quarter turn, take the foam in your battery compartment and slide it to the back. Your battery wires will not reach if they face the front, so keep the wires to the back just stick em through the hump pack hole on the battery strap. That will help you improve on the steering a little bit. Make sure you have the shock full of fluid, I use 60 in the rear and 50 in the front. I bought the integy spring kit and went with the black ones for the rear and left the front alone, just moving to the outside hole on the bottom. 1.5 degree negative camber in the rear and front. Check to see if your hobby shop carries the lead weights in a strip. I put 2 on each side of the chassis in the rear (each side of the esc), and 3 of them on the top of the tranny case. 1 on each side of the chassis in the front... If you are able to switch tires, I have the calibers in the rear and the goosebumps in the front. The track I run on is packed clay... Very slick on the sunny days. This is the best set-up I have found yet... As you can see, it is dry clay....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42745.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1527377  
Old 11-03-2010, 09:01 AM
RobbieP
Banned

ORIGINAL: TQamazer

I run my slash on hard packed clay on race day. I have S1 compound tires by Traxxas.

Any other tips to get traction and get the truck to turn better?
Traction comes down to two things - tires and set-up.
If you can't change tires, the least you can do is clean them (between heats if neccessary) as dirty tires do not grip as well as clean tires do.
The other things is thatyou have to adjust your set-up, springs and shock oil changes, to make it do what you want it to relative to your driving style and personal preferences.

Otherwise, 2wd trucks are notorious for being "push mongers" and you can't just keep mashing the gas through the corners and expect them to turn well.
Slow down to go fast.