Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Upgrading to brushless, hard Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Redvanmafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading to brushless, hard Question

alright my e-maxx has 2 700ho's with the motor mount, now i took the evx2 out and the motors so im just left with this dual motor mount. now does anybody know if the Neu/castle motors will mount up to this?, the mount is to large (hole to hole) for any 540 sized motor, just by a 2-3mm or so, i was watching videos on youtube of people running the castle monster motors on there dual titan 550 motor mounts, witch is making me think that my dual motor mount will be to big for the brushless motor, can anybody help me out?
Old 11-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Redvanmafia

Default RE: Upgrading to brushless, hard Question

Alright, here is the link to my dual motor mount from kershaw designs. [link=http://204.186.93.64/MotorMounts-3905-E-Maxx.html]Kershaw motor mounts[/link] i have the 3rd mount down on the list, it says it fits 700-750-775 motors, 29mm spacing between mounting holes and uses 4mm screws. or will i need something like the bottom mount?, witch is 25mm spacing and uses 3mm screws, Any answers are greatly apreshiated
Old 11-06-2010, 10:55 AM
powerslider

You need 25mm spacing for the Monster, Traxxas makes a single motor plate and cover made for this conversion...
Old 11-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Slo-V Flyer

The Neu Mamba Monster motors will work on the standard Traxxas mount (and as mentioned you can buy a single motor conversion plate). However due to the fatness of the Neu 15xx series motor (mostly because of the built in fins) you may not be able to move it in closer for some gearing ratios (might not reach spur gear if your pinion is small). I have a 1518 1800Kv which is as thick as the other 15xx series motors, and I test fitted it on my old E-Maxx. The only issue was the same pinion/spur mesh, I was off by 1mm using the 18t pinion and 64t spur (or 66t?). I believe the 15xx motors have so much torque you could easily use a 21-23t pinion with 4s lipo and it would mesh properly, without worrying about overheating.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Redvanmafia

thanks i needed to know the spacing, so i'll need to get a single motor mount, i want a system with tremedous torque, and good top speed i also want to run 6s,