Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Lipo Batteries and brushless info

Old 12-11-2010, 12:38 PM
mattcam83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo Batteries and brushless info

Ive been out of the rc world for the last couple years!! A while back i built a losi XXXT that i love but it is a brush motor set up and i would like to convert it over to brushless. Ive been looking at the Castle Creations Monster Mamba Pro 5700kv Combo. Ive Read these are good and was curious what people think about the setup?? Also the new Lipo Battery stuff confuses me a little Im reading that the motor uses a 3s Lipo MAX but the ESC can use up to 6s so i figured i could only use a 3s Lipo Battery but then i go and do more research and come across 3s2p ect ect.. Would this be the same as a 6s or could i use a 3s2p and get a longer run time?? Ive also read about apogee Limn.. Whats this all about?? Im pretty lost and confused
Old 12-11-2010, 12:48 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Lipo Batteries and brushless info

The Mamba Max Pro is made to use with 1/10 vehicles can use up to a 3s lipos.

The Mamba Monster is made to use with 1/8 vehicles and can use up to a 6s lipos.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:19 PM
mattcam83

ohh geez sorry i didnt even realize that.. id like to use that mamba max pro then
Old 12-11-2010, 02:21 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

If you are going to stick with 3S then a mamba max will do. They are on sale at castle. Pretty much ignore any "p" numbers on packs. Apogee is out of business I think.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:49 PM
hasek1616

the mamba max pro can handle 6s lipo, its only the motor that cant, so if you wanted to you could hook up a 6s worthy motor to it and run it on 6s.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:08 PM
mattcam83

what about the the C like in 20C or 30C. whats this all about?? sorry i just dont want to waste a bunch of money and get the wrong stuff
Old 12-12-2010, 01:24 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

"c" means capacity and the number is a multiplier. Multiplied together it equals the current in the description.