Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

****NEW TRAXXAS RC TRUCK****

Old 01-08-2011, 05:39 AM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****NEW TRAXXAS RC TRUCK****

http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...3602monsterjam

they are still shipping though but they seem awesome!!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:47 AM
electricrc68
Banned

Default RE: ****NEW TRAXXAS RC TRUCK****

well if i were to get one i would get the grave digger one. it looks different than the stampede. the other one is just a stampede with a different body.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:27 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both trucks are just Stampede's with new bodies and colored parts.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 AM
MTboy

I think they looks silly with the bodies sitting so high..
Old 01-08-2011, 08:49 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look fun... and look cooler than the regular stampede. I want a stampede now...
Old 01-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

same truck + different colors = new truck.

Of course. wouldn't expect anything less from traxxas
but of course I like gravedigger! probably a good "upgrade" to the stampede.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Krazy Chicken

not real replicas. should be solid axle and 4wd. but what do you expect from traxxas. tires will be nice to  use to make a replica.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:51 AM
electricrc68
Banned

i just want to know what the price of these are going to be lol. the gravedigger one looks cool though.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:23 PM
4goodbuys2

It need's solid axles, 4wd . I'm just thinking like krazy chicken.
And also not made by traxxas, "They already have one it's called a hpi wheely king.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Yosh70

I've seen these trucks before.....hang on, now I remember!

Old 01-08-2011, 01:39 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are my 2 Grave Diggers although they aren't paint to look like one.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Krazy Chicken

those ones all look better then the traxxas version
Old 01-08-2011, 02:03 PM
electricrc68
Banned

i like the traxxas version better.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

only like the tires on the traxxas ones.
rest bleh do they even attempt to hide their recycling anymore?
the neon green looks tacky IMO
Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 PM
ElectricGuy007

Nah I'll just stick with my Blackfoot thank you...it's so stampede it isnt even funny...
Old 01-08-2011, 05:19 PM
rc awesome

First thing that I thought when I looked at it was a stampede with some colored parts and a diffrent body shell. This kind of seems like traxxas way of creating compititon with the HPI wheelie king. Its really not too hard to pump out new RCs all the time if you just change a couple things and use a existing platform. But I have to say it is much cooler than a regular Stampede.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

i just want to know what the price of these are going to be lol. the gravedigger one looks cool though.
224$ on some wensite called stormer hobbies. Not in stock yet though.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

First thing that I thought when I looked at it was a stampede with some colored parts and a diffrent body shell. This kind of seems like traxxas way of creating compititon with the HPI wheelie king. Its really not too hard to pump out new RCs all the time if you just change a couple things and use a existing platform. But I have to say it is much cooler than a regular Stampede.
sadly i have to say that the stampede is better then the wheely king if you want to add any kind of power. i ran the stampedes power through my wheely king, and the tranny went boom lol. but after alot of upgrades the wheely king is good.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:21 PM
airmayle

I don't think they are trying to really call it a new platform. I think they are just trying to market it to a younger age group. I think there target age is 6, 7, 8 year olds. Monster truck events are great for the family and the younger age group. Kids really get a kick out of monster trucks. I think this line will get the younger age group to be excited about RC. This will help out the dad who's son wants an RC to look like one of the favorites in these events. I've seen some of the members painting skills and there are several really good looking Grave Diggers RC's posted on this site way before Traxxas come up with the idea. For me who's painting skills are at a beginner level, this will help me give something to my kids that I could not produce, yet. If Traxxas could keep the price down around the original Stampede, I think they will have a big hit with the younger crowd.

Again if other RC company's would think about marketing a little more. HPI who has the perfect platform for this could have market this, there would be a lot more Wheel King owners out there.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Krazy Chicken

the wheely king has 3 themed bodies bounty hunter scarlet bandit, and iron outlaw. and just so you know most of the gravedigger bodies out their only require you to paint black, and the rest is stickers
ORIGINAL: airmayle

I don't think they are trying to really call it a new platform. I think they are just trying to market it to a younger age group. I think there target age is 6, 7, 8 year olds. Monster truck events are great for the family and the younger age group. Kids really get a kick out of monster trucks. I think this line will get the younger age group to be excited about RC. This will help out the dad who's son wants an RC to look like one of the favorites in these events. I've seen some of the members painting skills and there are several really good looking Grave Diggers RC's posted on this site way before Traxxas come up with the idea. For me who's painting skills are at a beginner level, this will help me give something to my kids that I could not produce, yet. If Traxxas could keep the price down around the original Stampede, I think they will have a big hit with the younger crowd.

Again if other RC company's would think about marketing a little more. HPI who has the perfect platform for this could have market this, there would be a lot more Wheel King owners out there.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:15 PM
airmayle

Krazy Chicken- I looked at A-main and the Wheely King themed bodies look really good. I wonder why they didn't do more of the monster truck theme? As for marketing to younger children you need to go after the trucks that look really different. For example Jurassic Attack, Grave Digger, Batman truck, and Snakebite. These are just some of the trucks that really get the kids going. I think Traxxas is really looking at that younger age market.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
ElectricGuy007

Krazy Chicken- I looked at A-main and the Wheely King themed bodies look really good. I wonder why they didn't do more of the monster truck theme? As for marketing to younger children you need to go after the trucks that look really different. For example Jurassic Attack, Grave Digger, Batman truck, and Snakebite. These are just some of the trucks that really get the kids going. I think Traxxas is really looking at that younger age market.

Yep, the youngsters eat traxxas up. Personally I get tired of people talking about Traxxas stuff, where it's at the track
or whatnot, but im used to it I guess.

The slash however was the best thing to happen to the hobby. I have one so I will say that.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Old 01-09-2011, 04:55 AM
4goodbuys2

Traxxas spends to much on advertisement and not enough on development.
I feel that you can make a car that can bash but also that can handle well enough to race and I don't see traxxas doing that with much of thier stuff.
I run a vxl system not because I like traxxas just because I got it under 40 bucks.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:22 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

[/quote]

I remember Kyosho doing that Thunderbird Junkie. Anyone remember the USA-1? They made a Nitro and Electric version.
Personally if you want a monster truck and wanna spend a little more money, get a Clodbuster, or TXT-1.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.