Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

YOUR Favorite Off Roader is...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:25 PM
bvak123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOUR Favorite Off Roader is...

What is your favorite off roader to run and why? Speed, handling, looks, whatever!
What did it take to make it your favorite? Because yo mamma gave it to you or because of the new shocks you just installed?
Inquiring minds want to know...
Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: YOUR Favorite Off Roader is...

Savage (X, and flux)
Can drive over most obstacles in its way, takes a royal beating without breaking, and its a monster truck.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

x2 on the Savage. Most fun basher truck ever. Currently have four in various states of disrepair (but one belongs to a friend) in ThunderbirdJunkie's possession.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:34 PM
yotaman1991

My two favs are bashing big block monsters and racing electricshort course.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:08 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Racing short course is a very close second to bashing Savages for ThunderbirdJunkie.

Short course, brushless, and lipo are what got him back on the electric side of things. Now he's building an electric Savage.

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE???
Old 01-12-2011, 05:17 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

my B4.1 Brushless RTR. It's brushless, and my first ever one. Soon, my fave will be an HPI Blitz ESE, because of the looks and the Novak Havoc 8.5 turn motor that i'm going to put in it.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:19 AM
collector1231

my B4.1 Brushless RTR. It's brushless, and my first ever one. Soon, my fave will be an HPI Blitz ESE, because of the looks and the Novak Havoc 8.5 turn motor that i'm going to put in it.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Krazy Chicken

HPI wheely king, even though i keep breaking it, still is fun and over powered

some have seen this pic, but i still want to show it, it sows just how hard i beat this truck.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:13 AM
J.D.T

I like my truggy wanna be df 02, since its a $100 tamiya kit and the chassis is under 10 bucks I do things with it I would never subject my 1/8th or 1/5 scale to simply because of the weight and cost to repair when you dealing with a situation that is going to break ANY rc car 99.9% of the time, I have more fun bashing the bmx or atv track than anywhere else, the basher credo is higher farther faster, If I hit something that is darn near impossible and land it, I turn around and hit it with a little more throttle, usually within 5 minutes of being in a new basing spot I know the "end of day", meaning that jump/climb/drive off will be left for the end of the day as it will certainly bust some stuff up, once at the atv park a guy asked me why I would jump that rc car 30 foot in the air and I said the backside of that tabletop is slick I could only get about 60% throttle, he laughed his butt off.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Eman77

I'm going to have to go with my Levant as my favorite. I used it the most by far this summer, held up excellently for me.

A close second is my Stadium Thunder, with the new tires I got that grip like mad (gladiators). Also has been extremely durable for me. I do have a few more in the arsenal that I haven't run yet though, so we'll see if my list changes.

...least favorite was an E-Savage that I converted to brushless. That thing broke all the time, and I dumped loads of $$ into upgrades, still broke stuff. Then the Flux came out (a nice durable improvement over the stock E-Sav, RTR, with brushless), and it broke my heart - all that time/effort/$$ wasted on my E-Sav. *sigh*
Old 01-12-2011, 10:35 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

For nitro, my Savage .25 has been nothing but awesome. Its been extremely reliable and its a lot of fun to drive too. It also has a feel about it that just makes it feel like a monster truck.

For electric, my brushless Associated MGT. Also an awesome truck that is extremely tough, and the fact that it is fast and unique make it one of my favorite's for me. It handles better than a savage, and still has a strong driveline and suspension.

Eric
Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

RC10T3 and then i accidentally destroyed it.  now its a XXXT.
loved that T3.  had a 15x1 motor in it.  it would blast off the line.  iv never seen an RC car come off the line that hard and it still went about 30mph so it wasn't slow.  the handling was *****in, handled like a slot car.  durability was excellent.  it did everything i wanted and needed it to do in an impressive way.  then i hit a solid object head on at full speed and with an already broken front top plate.  didn't go well.
the XXXT is the same way.  little bit better handing and flight control but it lacks the punch and some of the wow factor.  it does everything so well that it becomes an apathetic truck to drive
Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 PM
bvak123

Well done Krazy Chicken!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

I would have to say the Durga.. I am a bit biased though.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:08 PM
rclugnut10

savage flux 235o FTW

the lug
Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 PM
ElectricGuy007

My Tamiya 501x Worlds Edition of course....
In order from my top 5 favorite RC's I own.
1)Tamiya 501x Worlds Edition-probably the most dialed car Ive ever driven, fits my driving style to a T.[8D]
2)My Losi XX4-#1 Its rare because I have the Corr Truck conversion for it to make it a truck or a buggy-basicially a 2 in one.
3)My touring car because I have a soft spot for onroad because I like the challenge and speed of onroad.
4)My SC10-I have not got a picture of it yet, but I heard they are durable like a T4, and they perform well and
easy to setup and take you to victory lane.
5)My Slash because I can drive it pretty hard knowing its gonna take all the abuse you can toss at it.
I usually dont beat around on my RC's I take care of my stuff. Even my beaters I dont abuse hard enough.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90713.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	1547291   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82380.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1547292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85969.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1547293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un34774.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	1547294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24268.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	1547295  
Old 01-13-2011, 10:30 PM
rhowe

#1 cc-01 jeep scaled and modded out. for scale it can crawl
#2 don't laugh, hornet with a grasshopper body, locked diff with a 45t brushed motor, stock rears and brat tires up front(my trail beater) cause its hard to stop and i can hit stuff with it
#3 2wd stampede brushless. got me back into rc
#4 fire dragon 27t. 4wd with great ground clrearence and i can hit stuff with it
#5 frog 1985 trinity monster horsepower championship motor and i can hit stuff with it
#6 rising storm brushless. too fast!
#7 is still in the attic, i forget if its another hornet or grasshopper. i guess i could use it to hit stuff with.
this is the new list since my pop threw away my original collection a ways back.. fox, hornet, ultima and a thundershot..this is the tamiya thread right?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rhowe

#2 don't laugh, hornet with a grasshopper body, locked diff with a 45t brushed motor, stock rears and brat tires up front(my trail beater) cause its hard to stop and i can hit stuff with it
#4 fire dragon 27t. 4wd with great ground clrearence and i can hit stuff with it
#5 frog 1985 trinity monster horsepower championship motor and i can hit stuff with it
#7 is still in the attic, i forget if its another hornet or grasshopper. i guess i could use it to hit stuff with.
this is the new list since my pop threw away my original collection a ways back.. fox, hornet, ultima and a thundershot..this is the tamiya thread right?
not gonna laugh I just got a hornet
can't wait for the snow to melt so I can try it I flung a BL setup in mine
Truthfully I just picked my favorite in my post after the savages would be the DF-02's (have 2 ones BL) things are a pile of fun
Old 01-14-2011, 08:37 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1 has got to be my newly built dual brushless cpe terminator clodbuster. insane fun.
#2 HORNET, whenever rc starts to bore me i break out my hornet and i get an ear to ear smile
#3 team losi jrx2, my first race bred car and it's still competitive.
#4 goldpan rc10, gotta show the goldpan some love
#5 b4, my current 2wd mod racer, love this car
#6 rc10t, vintage 2wd stadium truck that is still competitive
#7 tamiya df01 dirt thrasher, tough as nails vintage tamiya 4wd buggy

Old 01-14-2011, 08:45 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: rhowe

not gonna laugh I just got a hornet
can't wait for the snow to melt so I can try it I flung a BL setup in mine
Truthfully I just picked my favorite in my post after the savages would be the DF-02's (have 2 ones BL) things are a pile of fun
i want a hornet and Frog myself because they are classics. Plus I want a couple 2wd buggies to bash with to go with my blackfoot.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a frog but i left it off my list because to be honest it doesn't "do it" for me.
they seem like they should be better then a hornet but i swear mine flips more then any car i have ever owned.

hornet/hopper > frog IMHO
Old 01-14-2011, 12:44 PM
bib

Hmm my favorite was my Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Truggy, wow that thing was a beast!
I used to LAUNCH it off mini cliffs and it would just keep going!
Its long since sold now, I'm just getting back into the hobby.

I have a SAVAGE XL that's been sitting in storage for 2 years after essentially just a break in (hope it still works, new parts/glow plugs coming from Tower today)
But my current favorite will be my Lunchbox! Its still in the box un-opened/un-assembled (blah work work work!) but that shouldn't stop me from saying its my favorite right!

my least favorite was my TMAXX 2.5, first RC (aside from a Grasshopper back in 88)
wow this TMAXX never ran! dumped tons of money into it and I think net amongst the two engines it had I probably ran a half gallon of fuel through it![:'(]
Old 01-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Freezetron

Savage Flux. Nothing gets in its way

Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I bet a tree would....
Old 01-14-2011, 06:58 PM
rclugnut10

yeahh they do, i hit one at WOT, made the teh crack in my front bumper bigger ( its what you get from driving in the cold(, either way hitting a tree unplugged one of my deans and and half of the other...

the lug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.