Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Hpi brama 10b replacement need help !

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 03:51 PM
sherrbert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi brama 10b replacement need help !

hey i need help i want to buy a brama 10b but then replace the engine and the esc i will like to change it to the hpi Motiv F (esc) and with the Warp 5700 brushless motor. would the esc fith on the reciver ? and do i need to change battery type give me as much information please
Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 PM
nitroade

Default RE: Hpi brama 10b replacement need help !

The ESC should just plug right in, however, any particular reason you want to go with the Brama 10B? This chassis is very entry level and does not hold up well to brushless power. You will definitely have problems with parts breaking if you go this route.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:42 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Don't get a Brama. Do yourself a favor.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:13 AM
sherrbert

but is the hpi vorza better ? give me some hints for cars i wount a hpi buggy with a prise of somting like 200/400 euro or meaby 500 but depens on my father
Old 06-19-2011, 08:15 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tamiya DF-02 100000000000000000% better RC than the Brama 10b, and if you upgrade the axle's, and diff out-drives it can handle BL power easy.
In the other post you did I replied with pics of my brama after $100 in upgrades, and 5 mins of BL power...
The brama is the biggest Piece Of Crap HPI ever released
Old 06-19-2011, 09:44 AM
nitroade

You honestly cannot compare the Vorza with the Brama. No one in their right mind will recommend the Brama 10B for any reason. You are comparing an entry level 1/10 scale brushed buggy with an 8th scale brushless 6S capable buggy. If you want to stay HPI, these are your only choices and the Vorza is by far the better choice.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitroade

You honestly cannot compare the Vorza with the Brama. No one in their right mind will recommend the Brama 10B for any reason. You are comparing an entry level 1/10 scale brushed buggy with an 8th scale brushless 6S capable buggy. If you want to stay HPI, these are your only choices and the Vorza is by far the better choice.
only thing I'd compare the brama to is a cheap $50 tyco RC, and sadly the Tyco would probably win in durability, speed, and probably even replacement parts
Old 06-19-2011, 04:02 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

If your looking to get a 1/10th scale hpi go with the cyber 10B not the brama, I'd compare the brama to the losi strike, meaning the brama worst buggy made and strike worst sct made, just my opinion....

If you want a 1/8th buggy from hpi the vorza is a good choice for bashing but not so for racing.....