Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
YES - SAVAGE XS FLUX
77.78%
NO - SAVAGE XS FLUX
22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

New HPI Savage XS Flux

Old 07-14-2011, 02:15 PM
hindupimp2384

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New HPI Savage XS Flux

[ Overview ]
The Savage XS Flux packs in everything you know and love about the neck snapping, standing backflip Savage Flux. A ridiculously powerful Flux brushless powerplant to provide you with the most menacing speed runs, legendary Savage durability that passes the bashing exam with flying colors, innovative TVP technology for a class leading design, and extreme monster truck appearance and ground clearance to conquer it all. Oh, did we mention that it fits in your backpack? That's right, the compact Savage Flux XS goes where the standard size Savage can't. At 2/3 the size of a standard Savage, the Savage XS Flux is the perfect size for backyard tracks.

The Savage XS Flux is built tough with an all-metal drivetrain so it can handle giant jumps and speeds over 65mph. The 4WD system provides excellent traction on any off-road or on-road surface you can throw at it. And it's all built with legendary Savage toughness so you spend more time driving and less time wrenching.

Pre-assembled from the factory, the Savage XS Flux is ready to go right out of the box, including a 2.4GHz radio system and Flux brushless system. Just add your favorite 2S or 3S Li-Po battery pack and start driving!

The all-new 65+ MPH Savage XS Flux - The World's Fastest Mini Monster Truck. PERIOD.
Controlling the Savage XS Flux is easy with the HPI TF-40 2.4GHz radio system. No need to worry about changing crystals, the radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically. The TF-40 pistol grip transmitter features adjustments for steering trim, throttle trim, steering dual rate, end points, servo reversing switches, low battery indicator, and a 3rd channel for optional accessories. The 3 channel receiver is equipped with a failsafe system for maximum safety.
The Savage XS Flux has a waterproof receiver box to keep the 2.4GHz receiver protected from the elements for glitch-free operation. A new SF-10W waterproof steering servo and a waterproof VAPOR Pro electronic speed control mean your Savage XS Flux won't be stopped by wet conditions.
The Flux VEKTOR 4000 motor delivers massive power - plenty of juice for instant wheelies and standing backflips! Option pinion gears are available to fine-tune the speed and torque delivery! The brushless design assures maximum performance with nearly no maintenance required.
With the capacity to handle 2S and 3S LiPo power, the Flux VAPOR Pro electronic speed control can take anything you can possibly throw at it and keep coming back for more! The VAPOR Pro features an integrated cooling fan to keep it cool in tough conditions. The Flux VAPOR Pro ESC is reversible so you can back out of jams with ease. And for maximum adjustability it's fully programmable with our optional #100573 USB Programming Kit.
The Savage Flux XS is designed to use 2S or 3S LiPo packs. The battery box features vents to keep the battery pack cool, and we suggest using an official Deans® zero-loss battery plug to match the plug on the ESC.
The Savage XS Flux features all-metal transmission gears to make sure that power delivery is uninterrupted and every jolt of power gets from the motor to the tires efficiently and with no worry of damage to the gears. The whole drivetrain runs on ball bearings for optimal efficiency, extra-long runtimes and mega-fast top speeds!
With the aggressive tread of the 2.2" GT2 tires, you can go off-road to on-road with predictable handling. The center tread lines give you stability on paved surfaces while the blocky tread pattern and heavy-duty sidewall teeth provide grip for off-road terrain like dirt, mud, muck, leaves. They're mounted on black chrome 2.2" Warlock wheels for tough monster truck styling.
For maximum hop-up potential, the Savage XS Flux accepts a wide variety of 1/10th scale 2.2" wheels and tires, along with standard 1/10th scale servos, batteries, receivers and electronic speed controllers.
The chassis for the Savage XS Flux is very similar to the nitro-powered Savage that we all know and love - the backbone consists of the TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) design, formed from two 5mm chassis plates, with the diff cases at either end providing significant stiffness and the transmission casing and motor plate forming load-bearing members of the structure.
HPI makes it as easy as possible to get into RC off-road action. The Savage XS Flux is completely pre-built and ready to go right out of the box! Everything is assembled and tuned for you by professionals - diffs, shocks, suspension and more are perfect before you even open the package.

HPI Ready-To-Run vehicles bring you the same high performance and quality that you'd expect from a high end RC kit but with the added convenience of being factory pre-assembled to the highest standards - giving you a high performance RC truck straight from the box!

HPI RTR cars and trucks are 98% factory assembled - they come Ready-To-Run and equipped with all the radio gear required. Just a few steps are needed to get your car up and running, such as adding the batteries to the transmitter and charging up your choice of batteries to fit in the truck!
Pre-Assembled 4WD electric
powered mini monster truck
Full assembly instructions and
HPI RC Cars DVD included!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:23 PM
thehuntingterminator

Default RE: New HPI Savage Flux XS

i want the mini Savage soooo bad!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
sloppyG

Default RE: New HPI Savage XS Flux

looks like a more capable stampede 4x4 for $90 less
Old 07-14-2011, 03:23 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

There are already 3-4 threads about this.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:34 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i want one but im going to hold out for an SS kit version.  ...if such a thing never happens.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Haddi Taha

[X(]thats awesooooooooooooooooooooome
Old 07-14-2011, 04:13 PM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

i want one but im going to hold out for an SS kit version. ...if such a thing never happens.
You know it won't....[&:]
Old 07-14-2011, 04:15 PM
electricrc68
Banned

whoa.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:20 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Meh...
Old 07-14-2011, 04:24 PM
redfisher1974

I would like one, But the wife would kick me in the you know whats......[X(]
Old 07-14-2011, 05:05 PM
xerxes

i think im da only person on earf who isnt all riled up dat anothr savage is cumn out.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:11 PM
xerxes

da only thing dat intrests me is dat new castle esc. its not listd on da castle site. looks lyk a lowr amprage mmp, but highr amprage sidewinder.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:16 PM
hindupimp2384

ORIGINAL: xerxes

da only thing dat intrests me is dat new castle esc. its not listd on da castle site. looks lyk a lowr amprage mmp, but highr amprage sidewinder.
the reason its the esc is not on castle site its because castle made it but HPI put there own label on it, but its a the New Sidewinder SV2 Esc. as fo the motor the 4000kv 4 pole is only made for this version by castle.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:18 PM
hindupimp2384

What are going to be the weak parts on this Savage XS, and also for the 1/8 Savage Flux???  cause ill be getting this car and want to be prepare with replacements.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:53 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all depends how you drive it
With how some people trash RC's I'm pretty sure they could total an M1 Abrams on a pebble in an otherwise clear level field.
I've launched my nitro savage off 12 foot high ramps hitting probably around 20feet off the ground to land it bumper 1st into concrete with no damage, then I see people who claim to have tapped a curb going slow who bent the TVP, destroyed the front bulkhead, totaled the differential, and made it look like it got run over by a semi truck.
Plus seeing no one owns one let alone have driven it yet I doubt anyone can foresee what will break.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Karontu

ORIGINAL: hindupimp2384

What are going to be the weak parts on this Savage XS, and also for the 1/8 Savage Flux??? cause ill be getting this car and want to be prepare with replacements.
as of right now, the lexan lid that it comes with.

you can't really say what the weak points will be before the parts have even been looked at.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:14 PM
sloppyG

What are going to be the weak parts on this Savage XS, and also for the 1/8 Savage Flux??? cause ill be getting this car and want to be prepare with replacements.
nobody knows, and parts won't even be available until the truck's been out a few months

new RC= no parts supply= you break it.... tough cookies for a few weeks

if you're worried about weak parts... wait until it's been out 3-6 months, then you'll know what's weak and you'll be able to buy replacements
Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

HOLY CRAP FREEZETRON STOP MAKING THREADS! There are HOW MANY threads on this thing already?

That being said, ThunderbirdJunkie's should be here in a couple weeks.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

nobody knows, and parts won't even be available until the truck's been out a few months

new RC= no parts supply= you break it.... tough cookies for a few weeks

if you're worried about weak parts... wait until it's been out 3-6 months, then you'll know what's weak and you'll be able to buy replacements
agree
Remember seeing a HPI trophy truck sitting in my LHS for repair. Parts were on order (at the time) for 3 weeks for it.
Also the Traxxas 1/16th Summit, the Summits (few) parts didn't come out for over a month after the summit was out. So unless you hit an ebay chop shop that had the part you wanted, and not a full roller you were SOL
Old 07-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Foxy

Can we continue this discussion on one of the other MANY threads about iit in several forums please. Spreading this info out all over the forums benefits noone.

It won't break Hindu, it looks seriously tough. The arms for example, while obviously smaller than the full size savage, seem to be almost the same thickness. A flexible plastic TVP design looks ideal as well. This should be one of the most durable RCs on the market if they get the drivetrain right.

Locking this...take it to another of the many threads...