Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

sc10??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:36 PM
HpiTrax383
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc10??

I have an opportunity to get a sc10 2wd but I dont know anything about them. It has a reedy brushless system and aluminum shocks, other than that its stock. Are there any frequent problems these cars have? How durable are they, how do they perform on a track compared to a slash? Only SC truck I have ever driven is my brushless slash and it handles like a cow but sure does take a beating.
thanks.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:43 PM
thehuntingterminator

Default RE: sc10??

it is suppose to handle amazingly, and be pretty durable, but you can always get RPM parts for it. good luck.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:40 PM
HpiTrax383

If it handles even a tad bit better than my slash I might race it at the local track but the track that I go to is set up for 1/8 buggy's and the jumps are big for a SC truck so most of the time ill have a rough landing and I wonder if  the sc10 will hold up.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Truck sounds like a bone stock SC10 brushless.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:17 PM
cirec

Do you know if it's the race spec or not? I don't have any complaints yet. So far I broke the left rear arm and the top plate in the steering rack.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:18 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: HpiTrax383

If it handles even a tad bit better than my slash I might race it at the local track but the track that I go to is set up for 1/8 buggy's and the jumps are big for a SC truck so most of the time ill have a rough landing and I wonder if the sc10 will hold up.
Add rpm front bumper, rpm a-arms and your good to go.......... And no it won't handle a tad bit better then your slash, it will handle 10x better

Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 AM
s7jstep1

i have one. i have broken the front bumper but thats all and it was my fault. nothing a couple of zip ties didnt fix. i am very impressed with the beating it can take. there were a number of times i was sure my day was going to be over and to my suprize there was no broken parts. the brushless system goes with the truck perfectly too. it handles pretty good. if you are looking to race i would recomend some different tires. the stocks are decent but im sure bowties or something would do a lot better. i do want to get the rpm bumper too
Old 07-29-2011, 05:28 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

We have a shortcourse Race Class at our store and the SC10s blow away the slashes every time. The slash has nothing on the SC10. I wouldn't get caught dead driving a slash, LMAO IMO slash = piece-O-crap [:'(] and you can even take that to the bank.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Steve.

My son and I both have SC10s, his is the Brushless RTR which actually has a pretty decent motor and ESC for a RTR. Ultimately I pulled the electronics out and installed a Castle Sidewinder V2 combo, Hitec servo and Futaba RX. There was nothing wrong with them he just wanted to go faster. I was impressed with it out of the box running quality LiPos. The RS has hex hubs which we needed to do on both our cars because the pin drive wheels are horrible. The RS also has hardened diff gears, lipo battery straps and better shocks along with a better ESC. If you like your SC10 I would say the RS would be a good choice. We also had to replace the bumper and front A arms with RPM parts, they are the weak point of these trucks. Few cars handle as good as the SC10 when it's properly set up. We use ProLine Trencher rear tires and the truck goes wherever you point it, the stock SC10 rears aren't that great but the RS also gives you J Concepts rear tires. The servo is also better than previous RTR SC10s.

Disclaimer: I've never owned a Traxxas, so I can't comment on their performance although i have fixed a few for friends and don't think they are as good as Losi ,AE, HPI,or OFNA which I have owned. I have owned several AE buggies, RC10ts, and SC10s and prefer that platform over other brands even though it hasn't changed much over the years. My next off road project will be the SC10 4x4 so you could call me an AE fanboy I guess.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:31 AM
HpiTrax383

Well I lost my opportunity to get it. The guy sold it. I guess I snooze I loose haha.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:28 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: HpiTrax383

Well I lost my opportunity to get it. The guy sold it. I guess I snooze I loose haha.
How much were you looking to spend? And you looking for a roller or rtr? I have a Factory team sc10 in mint condition with tons of spares if interested pm me......