Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rustler and Stampede set-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:03 PM
rjsaddiction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rustler and Stampede set-up

Ok Guys I am new at the game, I purchused a Brushed Rustler and a brushless stampede to race with these guys. It is all on pavement, How would you guys set the trucks up ? The course is 30 paces. Tire combo's? Battery sizes I could use all the help I can get, Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Rustler and Stampede set-up

You might try 2 pairs of these: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...hter-28-Tire-2plus you'll need new rims because I doubt you'll be able to rip the stock tires from the stock rims.

Between the two, the Rustler has the best chance for street racing because of it's lower stance, however, the Stampede benefits from brushless power. The Stampede, on the other hand, is too tall and will "turtle" onto it's lid any chance it gets. It's a fun truck all-around but, not exactly a road racer. Try swapping the power systems between the two trucks and make your Rustler brushless. Otherwise there isn't much you can do to tweak the suspension. If you want to open up your shocks, dump the old oil and fill them with heavier weight oil, 40-50 weight perhaps. Try to get the stance as relatively low as you can is about all you can do.

Have fun!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:25 AM
rjsaddiction

Thank you for the tips, The tires are on the way, Most of the guys are running stampedes so I got one too. Thank you once again for the tips
Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM
indy34096

If you are going exclusively on road, get yourself some Jaco foam tires. They can come mounted up on some huge rims which also add to top speed.
Other things you can do is thicken up the shock oil for street and smooth surface running. I would say 20wt higher than stock or more all around, which would put you at 50wt +.

Here is the link to the Jaco tires:
fronts: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXSU0&P=ML
rears: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXSU2&P=7

Old 08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
9five9

come on, the Stampede aint THAT tippy. Even with good grippy tires, the truck will spin on a tight corner at speed before it rolls. If it's set low, it'll be just fine.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:36 AM
indy34096

Also, another thing you can do, if you're up to it, is the fuel line mod for the shocks, to lower your Rustler.