Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

NEW!!!! Official Axial EXO buggy thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:46 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW!!!! Official Axial EXO buggy thread...

Here is the official video from Axial for their new EXO 4wd buggy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rloaAhhGmfY[/youtube]

Click image for larger version

Name:	AxialExobuggy.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	2236820

Adjustable Motor Mount: The patent pending adjustable motor mount included with the EXO features a two piece design that allows you to easily set your gear mesh with an adjustment screw providing the ability to achieve a perfect fit. A set screw is used to securely lock the two piece motor mount in position. The two piece mount is also keyed for proper alignment and strength.

Standard 32 Pitch Gears: The EXO utilizes standard 32 pitch pinion and spur gears to provide more tooth surface area for durability and efficiency to put its power to the ground!
Three Oil-Filled Gear Differentials: Three, silicone oil-filled differentials transfer power to all four wheels and because they’re oil-filled they can be fine tuned with silicone fluid. Each differential features four sintered gears housed in compact differential cases. This also allows the EXO to use compact and streamlined bulkheads for reduced weight, meaning less spinning mass for higher performance.

Durable Driveline Components: The stub axles are held in place by two bearings, an outer small bearing, and a large inner bearing. The larger inner bearing increases durability and stability. The steering pins are titanium nitride coated for less wear and durability. The axle is mated to a standard 12mm cast aluminum hex hub.

Quick Release Battery Mount: The patent pending quick release battery mount is easily adjustable to fit any battery pack. The flexible rubber straps are connected to a hinge on one end and the other contains a pin that keys into a composite plastic latch that keeps your battery securely in place. There’s also an integrated “lift assist†mechanism which puts the battery in the best position for removal. The lower plastic end plates are adjustable which allow you to fit any battery pack, and in most cases, two batteries will fit standing on edge. The motor position is centered lengthwise and battery is positioned towards the center for balance and stability.

Integrated Light Bar: Brighten up your night time driving session! The integrated light bar holds up to five LED lights and features clear plastic lenses and three styles of mesh covers plain, Axial and officially licensed PIAA covers! (LED lights not included)

Protective Skid Plate Bumpers: The front and rear bumpers are hinged which allow them to flex upon impact, protecting the EXO from crash damage. Aluminum skid plate inserts add an extra level of protection and feature an embossed surface for added style.

Rear Tail Lights: The built-in rear diffuser/wing has embedded rear marker light buckets for up to four LED tail lights (LED lights not included).
2.2/3.0 Raceline Renegade Wheels: Raceline is by far the most popular wheel for extreme duty off-roading. Their ability to stand up to the abuse demanded by the full-size racer and their show quality finish is second to none. The officially licensed Raceline Renegade gives the EXO that authentic racing look as well as providing the strength to handle whatever you can dish out!

Hankook Dynapro MT Tires: The EXO features realistic, officially licensed Hankook Dynapro MT tires that perform as good as they look. The front tires are narrow (34mm) which help the EXO navigate the terrain while the rear tires are wide (41mm) putting the power to the ground with enough traction to keep the EXO firmly planted. Internal ribbing helps reinforce the sidewall to prevent it from folding over which keeps the tires working at peak performance.

Adjustable Suspension: Threaded shock bodies, multiple shock positions and adjustments for toe, kickup (rear), camber, roll center and ackermann allow you to fine tune your suspension for high performance.

High Quality Components: Axial has chosen a variety of parts that keep the EXO durable and performing at a high level. These include steel turnbuckles, steel dogbones, steel outdrives, captured stainless steel hinge pins, full ball bearings, titanium nitride coated shock shafts and steering pins and a sintered steel pinion gear.

Tuned Shock Springs: Finding the right spring rate can be tough. Axial made it easy for you by including what they found to be the right balance of high speed and harsh terrain handling. The spring rate they have chosen keeps the EXO on course and ready for your next obstacle!

High Quality Steering System: The EXO Utilizes Steel steering posts, an aluminum steering rack, and aluminum servo saver retaining system with captured bearings to keep you pointed in the right direction. The entire steering system also leans back 10 degrees to match the front kickup which eliminates all bumpsteer.

Wire Routing: The chassis has plastic routing clips throughout which helps keep your receiver and servo wires snug and away from moving parts which could shred the wires.

Waterproof Receiver Box: The waterproof receiver box keeps your radio gear protected from the elements and with integrated wire management, it keeps the receiver leads organized and away from moving parts.

Patent Pending ESC Clip: Axial includes three ESC mounting plates. Securely clip in your Castle SV2, or Novak Havoc SC ESC’s with Axials patent pending ESC mounts. Running something different? Then use the included universal servo mount plate and standard servo tape.

Realistic Scale Details: The EXO features a variety of fully licensed, realistic features including a V8 Turnkey engine, a Fuel Safe fuel cell and an interior body set with four Corbeau race seats.

Robust Molded Roll Cage Design: The cage closely resembles what you’d find on 1:1 vehicles making this a strong and proven tough design that keeps the EXO well protected.

4mm Aluminum Chassis: The 4mm center chassis is made from 6061 aluminum for durability and features recessed pockets to lower the center of gravity.

Ground Clearance: The chassis tub is tapered to give you an extra 1/2†of ground clearance.

Double Shear Shock Mount: The captured double shear shock mount features an aluminum plate that keys into the molded cage for added strength.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AxialEXOchassis_disassembly_730.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	2236821
Old 11-23-2011, 07:23 PM
ElectricGuy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW!!!! Official Axial EXO buggy thread...

Id say it looks nothing like a 4wd buggy from what ive seen. Looks very different from other RC's I have seen.
It's like they took a scale rig like a Tamiya F350 and made it into a 4wd buggy. Hopefully it's not too heavy
because the shell on it looks metal, unless im looking at it wrong....[&:]
Old 11-23-2011, 08:31 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Looks pretty darn cool to me. Id like to have one myself. Its a neat all-terrain type buggy. It does look similar to an 1/8 scale buggy though, just with a different "body" and possibly more suspension travel.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:43 PM
xerxes

wait a min so its a standrd 1/10? lyk a duratrax evader ebx? or a shout corse 1/10 wich is closer 2 a 1/8?

if its a standrd 1/10 dats kinda a bummr[&o]
Old 11-23-2011, 08:57 PM
87MagnumII

Kinda looks like a buggy mixed with an sct and a monster truck. I like it
Old 11-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

[sm=thumbs_up.gif] im diggin this.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:01 PM
t9dragon

Old 12-02-2011, 07:08 AM
fastandloud

Santa....Ive been a very good boy this year!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a winner. I like.

Hope it will be allowed to run with the SCs int he 1/10th 4wd SC class.

By the way, that video...I ALMOST turned it off after about a third, I thought it would be static camera all the way through, then it suddenly started following the car just in time. Save yourself some boring static-cam footage, start the vid about a third in.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Foxy

May I also say that motor mount is pure genius in design. If it works and doesn't come loose, every mfr should use it.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:56 AM
t9dragon

I would have to say that their demo video of the EXO is one of the best I have ever seen.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:18 AM
fastandloud

Right! I mean having all those rigs sitting along the whoops section....Dang
I may never get to ride in a full scale desert car over whoops like that but I WILL rip this thing around!!
Old 12-03-2011, 06:58 PM
wracing

What color paint do you think they used for the orange?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:24 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

has axial had a "miss" yet?

i mean, ax10-scx10-wraith and now this!

they are on fire.

with the tiny exception of the plastic body shocks(i would prefer alloy) this looks like a really durable and well thought-out kit!

I wonder how a VXL system would do in it. shouldnt be to heavy, right?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:08 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

has axial had a ''miss'' yet?

i mean, ax10-scx10-wraith and now this!

they are on fire.

with the tiny exception of the plastic body shocks(i would prefer alloy) this looks like a really durable and well thought-out kit!

I wonder how a VXL system would do in it. shouldnt be to heavy, right?
From what I have read some people would say they missed with the XR10 but other people say it is a good MOA crawler..
Old 12-03-2011, 11:17 PM
xerxes

xerxes thinks 350 is far 2 much 4 a kit wit no runnin gear.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:21 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: xerxes

xerxes thinks 350 is far 2 much 4 a kit wit no runnin gear.
lol........
Old 12-03-2011, 11:27 PM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Hope it will be allowed to run with the SCs int he 1/10th 4wd SC class.
it uses tru sc weels & tires. 12mm hex & steppd bead. axial made specific sc weels.

kinda maiks u wonder wut axials next releas will b.....
Old 12-03-2011, 11:55 PM
wracing

What motor and ESCwould you use in this? For bashing. Not racing...
Old 12-05-2011, 03:38 PM
powerslider

Short course buggy specs, 13.5 wheelbase, 11.6 wide, 4.9# roller. Be a 6+# rig ready to rock n roll. I got an RX8 and 4s waitin for this mother.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
powerslider

ORIGINAL: wracing

Myself depending on what it weighs would use a Pro-4 or an RX8 buggy system on 3 or 4s, or the Mamba SCTPro'swould work. If your gonna drop that much coinfor a roller no sense in scrimping on the power IMO....
Old 12-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Foxy

What motor and ESC would you use in this? For bashing. Not racing...
This. On 3s it will be a madman. Great for racing on 2s as well. I have this in my SC, it will be seriously powerful in the buggy. Going bigger and 4s would be a mistake I feel, since the chassis wasn't designed to carry that kind of weight in electronics. I think you'll find this combo more than satisfies, my SCRT-10 is a screaming beast on a 16t pinion on 3s packs with this. Make sure you get the 5mm shaft version to avoid pinion issues.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...le-1410-3800kV
Old 12-06-2011, 04:28 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking forward to building one of these for running at Ocean Beach.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
powerslider

ORIGINAL: Foxy

This. On 3s it will be a madman. Great for racing on 2s as well. I have this in my SC, it will be seriously powerful in the buggy. Going bigger and 4s would be a mistake I feel, since the chassis wasn't designed to carry that kind of weight in electronics. I think you'll find this combo more than satisfies, my SCRT-10 is a screaming beast on a 16t pinion on 3s packs with this. Make sure you get the 5mm shaft version to avoid pinion issues.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...le-1410-3800kV

This is really an 1/8th scale, the wheelbase is longer than my Vorza. The width is the same and the weight will be on par with an 1/8th buggy. The Vorza comes with the MMM whichI run on 4s, some run 6s butI don't see the need there. This should be a good 4s basher for me. I wouldn't pick the 1410 for temp reasons as I can warm up the MMM 2200 pretty good but it may work for others if your not pushing it as hard. Different strokes for different folks, it's all good

Old 12-06-2011, 03:21 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

price is the only thing i dont like, but only cause im cheap....not cause it aint worth it.

will a VXL system be enough for this buggy? I dont see any reason for running a 4s system, its not a buggy built for insane speed. getting this thing upto 50mph should be plenty of speed for fun driving/bashing.

axial did a pretty good job on the video!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.