Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which traxxas should I buy

Old 02-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Krog180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which traxxas should I buy

Hi I'm on the hunt to buy a new traxxas off roader brushless but I'm not shure what to get I already have 2 1/16 e revos and a 1/10 e revo brushless but I want a new Kawasaki model can some one please give me a heads up on ether slash or summit I really don't know is the 4x4 slash a good brasher ? I like the wet running idea but I'm in two minds about it please give me some ideas thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 03:16 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Which traxxas should I buy

summit is basically the same thing as your 1/10th scale revo but slower, remote lockable diffs, and bigger tires

I HAD a slash 4X4 as a basher, and honestly didn't like it at all. I converted it over to a pede 4X4 instead which should work out better (waiting for the ESC on it)
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

3 Revos? Wow

Um Personally I would try another manufacture.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Krog180

Which other brands are good and reliable ive seen losi s around but not shure or how about hpi?
I'm open to any suggestions thanks for everyone's advice I don't think I like tamiya even though they have been around for ever .
Old 02-09-2012, 02:21 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

If you have hills or trails nearby the summit would be a good choice and the kawasaki body on the summit looks pretty cool, plus you have the benefit of being able to use the same batteries as your e-revo as long as it's not 6S and a lot of the parts are interchangeable. The summit might be based of the e-revo chassis but it really is a different beast, it's more then just a slow e-revo. There seems to be a bit of a cult following for the summit, people who own them really love them. I was a bit apprehensive about getting one but when I did I understood what people who owned them meant, it truly is a beast. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing off what a summit is capable of and what it is best suited for so start searching and make up your own mind. Here is quick video that I made of it tearing it up in some water.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6nmSM29s-w&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]
Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 AM
Krog180

Thanks for that that's crazy it floats ? What a crazy truck good way of cleaning it I suppose .
Also like the idea of interchangeable parts it just makes sence really .already got a box of parts lhs in Adelaide are all but useless never very helpfull if it seems like to much work thank god for the Internet 
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

What about the Savage Flux 2350 or the Savage Flux HP????? Best basher on the market... and yes I have owned the E-Revo, Revo, E-Maxx and T-Maxx so my opinion is not one sided to HPI...
Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Krog180

Ok I'll have a look at these there is so many out there that it's way better to ask some experts rather than retailers I really apreciate every ones help .
Old 02-09-2012, 12:51 PM
spena

+1 on savage hp flux. just waterproof the esc and you can do just about anything on that beast. except track racing with buggies cause you'll lose..unless you're out to bash them muhahaha
Old 02-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Krog180

How do ya waterproof the esc . The hpi flux savage looks pretty awesome I must say
Old 02-09-2012, 02:08 PM
FahrtAutoRC

This is coming from a Traxxas fan- DO NOT buy a Traxxas! Losi or HPI would be better vehicles.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:16 PM
phmaximus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traxxas rustlers can take one hell of a beating and are one of the cheapest
Old 03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
chase1

i am looking into a summit to build a monster tube cagecrawler. they look mean with a scale flare to them. plus water capable and lockable diffs with high and low andthesame speed as an emaxx almost.http://www.youtube.com/embed/yDDqgk5xh4s.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:18 AM
phmaximus

The summit is no crawler... Look at is suspension there is nearly zero castor. Look on you tube there 3 summits drownings that I know off...

Just Remember to look at both sides of the coin
Old 03-17-2012, 05:55 PM
chase1

i am torn between getting a emaxx to bash around with or buildinganother crawler. with the summit i can do both. simple problem, simple solution.also, i dont plan on driving itin my swimming pool so i am not to worried about drowning
Old 03-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Krog180

My ol man bought an emax years ago he loved it .

Old 03-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Krog180

I'm no serious crawler or racer I just love bashin around
Old 03-17-2012, 09:13 PM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: chase1

i am torn between getting a e maxx to bash around with or building another crawler. with the summit i can do both. simple problem, simple solution. also, i dont plan on driving it in my swimming pool so i am not to worried about drowning[img][/img]

Trust me the front suspension has what 4 deg max castor.... That's no ware ne'er enough for crawling... Look at 99% of crawlers... There suspension is lent back. In short anything that the suspension moves up and 90deg to the chassis will be useless for crawling, hey it's ur money, do what ever u want... If u are openminded I can help u find reviews and videos....
Old 03-17-2012, 10:38 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Krog180

Ditto bro I ain't into crawling just banning around freestyle .love your cinematography what awesome country side .

Old 03-18-2012, 02:48 AM
phmaximus

look at my profile pic... revo ... close enough.... a axial wraith would be my pick

IMO the summmit is a over priced retarted brother to the Revo... come on honestly how much did u pay for it?

I bet for the price u payed I could find 2 cars that would be more suited...

go on call hobby habbit and check there prices.. its a joke...

when u get it come to Seaford & i can show u a $200 peice of pooh Tamiya TL01b out crawl it, or another TL01b our preform it

The blue one is now running larger wheels but with those wheels its good for 107km/h on 3s... wheelies are not a problem at any speed
Old 03-18-2012, 02:53 AM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: Krog180

Ditto bro I ain't into crawling just banning around freestyle .love your cinematography what awesome country side .

Does that mean u are thinking about rustler, slash, revo, & summit...

I might be able to sell u a Revo 3.3 with a fresh motor & 2.4ghz radio upgraded to platnium specs for cheap... my BIL might be selling his soon... I only live neer Seaford... It hasent even used 1L of fuel since running it in & I ran it in so its done proplary... or I could sell u a brushed HBX rockett for & $60 just needs a new spur gear,
Old 03-18-2012, 04:02 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 AM
phmaximus

Dont know if u even dignify a responce... whats with these traxxas fan boys... they are excaping there little forum lol

Look if u think the summit is the best thing out there well good luck chuck.....

summit out crawling a wrath Bahahahahahahahahahahaaaa yeah, ok m8, good one, get ya hand off it

Well who do u belive Jang or Squirrel???

No im not comparing a 3.3 to a summit... derrrrr [&:]

So in ur honest oppinion u belive the summit is worth it??? how much did u pay???? or is that a secret???
I payed only $100 each for both of those chassis & have only spend another $70 each on them...

Your not really meant to be trying to sell stuff in the forums but I don't think taking the mickey out of someone because they just want something to have fun with is a good sales pitch. Yes you can bang around with a Rustler, Slash, Revo and a Summit but they all bang a little differently.
lol wow u have all the wisdom... im not taking the mickey????? he asked the question before about the rustler vs slash... geeez louise m8 get ya facts right
LOOK smarty pants->[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10964855]Do u think u can manage to click here???[/link]
Oh WOW that was hard to find

If u wernt so..... hummmm nar i wont say it.. U might of realised that he lives very close to me... oh snap really... Im trying to save him lots of cash... I could problary get him a neer new revo 3.3 for under $300 and a $400 HBX rocket for $60... but hey U must know more than me...

I cant belive some one was stupid enough to buy a revo & a summit... LMAO what here is Australia that wast $1600 bucks worth... bahahahahaaaaa guess for that price u have to like them right?

Look we can argue this all day but im nearly done with u... Traxxas fan boys are the worse...
Final note I think the summit is a bashing car. whats do u thinks better for crawling Summit SCX10 or the wrath???

Hang on the other are scale looking crawlers so does that mean looks wise the summit should be compared to something like a losi comp crawler?? RC4WD Rockbull??? Gmade Spider????
Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.