Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HPI pro4 lookin good O_O

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 07:50 PM
_GrAnD_SlAm_180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI pro4 lookin good O_O

[sm=biggrin.gif] Most people at this forum who kept up with the old school days of the noobie section (especially Me=RC=$$$) know my contemplation between getting new electronics or getting a new car with more hop-ups available and electronics.

Well, i've finnaly come accross what I think I really have my eye on. This, as you may know from the title is the Pro4 by HPI. The Pro4 seems to be perfect. This one even runs shaft drive.

Also I am absolutely coo-coo for the purple hop-ups!

If you guys have any input about this car or the other pro series cars (please exclude all lements about the features not included in the Pro4).

All input is much appreciated

sincerely,
Slam
Old 09-09-2003, 04:29 PM
SpoonAvenger

Default RE: HPI pro4 lookin good O_O

I just dont get what the Pro4 has over the TC3, as I've stated before, but good luck with it, and I'm sure its a fine car. If you buy it new it will probably be nicer, as an older car has more slop in its parts from being run/crashed etc.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:34 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

if i get another touring car, screw shaft drive, to much resistance for me. it'd be racing on carpet anyways so belt drive would be alot better. My eye is on the corally assassin.

Old 09-09-2003, 11:57 PM
rcpro-123
My Feedback: (2)

hey um... shaft drive's dont suck belt drives SUCK big time i would like to see a nitro car with .21 and that would last a year and it wouldint snap from abuse.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Rex2342

Not to sound rude but you sound like your 4 years old LOL.Belt drive is good for what it is designed for...RACING.Belt drive for bashing is OK but not as good as shaft drive.Little rocks and pebbles get stuck in belt but on a prepared tracks their should be no rocks and pebbles.I've broken axles and dogbones with my 21 powered Savage and on my Rs43 Type SS so I'm not sure what your trying to say.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:13 AM
kn7671

I am not really sure which is best, as I have had both shaft and belt touring cars. The belt drive models were from Kyosho and HPI, the shaft is the Associated TC3.

I don't really understand why people say shaft drive is not an efficient drive system. Yes, shaft has some draw backs, but most those reasons truly only apply to racing conditions, and I would have to guesstimate that at least 90% or more RC enthusiasts do not race, or race enough to notice a huge benefit of belt over shaft.

The below is a quote from HPI's website on the new Pro4.
The most significant change is that the Pro 4, at the requests of our drivers & customers, uses a shaft drive transmission. Track testing revealed the benefits of low maintenance & fast acceleration that a shaft drive transmission offers.

Something tells me that if belt drive was so much better, after years of racing and testing, and after 3+ versions of the RS4, that HPI would have stuck with belt drive for their mass comsumer electric touring car. For more reasons than we will probably ever know, HPI has converted to shaft drive, and the design looks good and solid, keep a low center of gravity all around. This is where the TC3 falls behind.

As to the comment on Nitro and belt drive, most Nitro touring cars are belt drive, but I prefer my Nitro TC3 since I just use it to bash.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:28 AM
kn7671

After looking at the Pro4 a little more I noticed one thing that people usually complain about on the TC3. This would be access to the diffs. In typical HPI fashion, getting into the diffs will be no easy/quick task, but on that note, I rarely have to get into the diffs, and since the Pro4 comes with a front One-Way diff, the rear is the only diff ever needing maintenance.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:18 PM
_GrAnD_SlAm_180

I'm gonna jump right back into ths conversation and say that i definatly agree with Kn. i have a shaft drive tamiya. The Tamiy isnt NEAR as upgradable as far as hop-ups and they also try top push u to buy only tamiya parts. anyway i know personnally i would hate to have to replace belts after they have stretched and skipped. I'm poor as it is
Old 09-10-2003, 03:21 PM
_GrAnD_SlAm_180

One more thing, can anyone give me an estimate on how much u think it will come out to based on features etc...
Old 09-10-2003, 06:21 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

staring at that corally makes me want it more and more... i want the novak BL system with it christmas isnt THAT far away.. jus waiting... lol
Old 09-10-2003, 06:51 PM
R6racer2
My Feedback: (1)

grand slam your an idiot....

dont ever compare a tamiya and their stupid cars ie (TL-01 aka can never compete) to other cars, if you havent noticed tamiyas high end electrics are belt except for the new one. tamiyas suck, they produce to many cars, a new one every month

yes i have seen .21s with belts, have you ever heard of SERPENTS and the other 1/8 onroad cars? guess not.....you would know that those are the fastest nitros and whoa they use belts.

most of you havent even drove a car with belts, its not that bad, they dont get screwed up everytime you run your car as you guys make it sound, i usually run on crap asphault with a belt drive nitro, i RARELY have problems, you guys are just haters.

shaft drive is good too, i dont know why there always has to be fanboys "oooooo belts" "eff you shafts!" both are good, depends what you want to do....
Old 09-10-2003, 07:08 PM
rcpro-123

yeah R6racer2 you are right but except for the idiot part i dont like it[:@]
Old 09-10-2003, 11:13 PM
R6racer2
My Feedback: (1)

what can i say? im an ass
Old 09-11-2003, 10:00 AM
_GrAnD_SlAm_180

ok once again im gonna agree.. lol anyway i have a TT-01 and it runs pretty well. it was my first car anyway. ok so can any1 try to answer my other question about how much u think it will cost?
Old 09-12-2003, 03:22 PM
ZIZI

ORIGINAL: caseyddr-RCU
My eye is on the corally assassin.
Yeah Ive been checking it out myself casey. From what ive read and seen the corally is the perfect electric touring car...only downside is that hefty price tag... Im thinking of buying it though would definately be nice to come to the track with the assasin, but then again its not all car its the skill.