Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Truck or Truggy

Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 PM
tecboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck or Truggy

I'm thinking to get a rc truck or truggy. Any particular brand you guys recommend?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Truck or Truggy

I like OFNA and their Nexx and Jammin line of rc cars. For a truck, Traxxas is pretty good. But, the best buggy I know of is the OFNA LX2e. Here is a link to it. You will need a battery, though.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 PM
tecboy

Traxxas rc cars look so nice. Just wonder why Traxxas is the most expensive than other brands?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tecboy

Traxxas rc cars look so nice. Just wonder why Traxxas is the most expensive than other brands?
they may look nice but there are bette roptions for the price

Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tons and tons of advertising.
Their prices used to not be too bad 3 or so years ago, but they been jacking them up drastically for a while. Example 2-3 years ago a stampede xl-5 was $175 new, now its $232 for the same exact thing as everything in the box is the same as 2-3 years ago(hell its essentially the same RC that they sold 14 years ago with almost no improvements outside transmission gears)

As collector said Ofna has some very good RC's that can take a pile of abuse, and are very reasonably priced for what you get.
I own 4 ofna vehicles, and honestly for the other brands I would have almost paid almost 2X more for the same quality you get.

Durability, and value wise I'd rate Ofna's at #1 out of what I own. Example of brands I own RC's from I have Tamiya, Traxxas, HPI, Associated, Ofna, Losi, Redcat(yes I have a redcat), and Axial (note these are in no particular order just what RC's I saw 1st when I was trying to think what I had )

I will say I've heard a lot of good things, and read some very happy owners of the thunder tiger MT4-G3, but I've not had anything from them so I can't say
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]

What have u done!? []

thats the most controversial topic on this forum.....

It knowen as the "T" word.

only bad things will come of this.....
Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much you got to spend? I expect that will make the decision for you. A cheap truggy will set you back $800. An expensive one $1200+. Whereas a top of the line 1/10th truck can be completed for $500.

Why are traxxas expensive? Easy really, you are paying for all that glossy packaging, manual productions and aggressive marketing. You don't see any other RC companies doing all that. Since they ride their reputation, they figure if someone wants a traxxas its because they fell for the hype that they are 'the best, the fastest' and won't care what they pay. It's all psychology. Traxxas are overpriced, yes, as are HPI.

Good brands?

Xray
MugenSeiki
Serpent
Kyosho
Team Associated
Team Losi
Durango
Old 01-22-2013, 01:59 AM
ReMiXeDg

There are a few good truck brands that are really good for RC.

There is Traxxas , they got the Traxxas Slash 4x4 which is my favorite truck/buggy its super fast and very durable I mean every time I go run it I crash or hit something hard as if it was a car or other model it would break into pieces but it so happen dose not and it is just a wonderful make.

then there is ofna which I have heard about everywhere and my brother even says they are good but I can not say anything else about it.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 AM
tecboy

ORIGINAL: Foxy

How much you got to spend? I expect that will make the decision for you. A cheap truggy will set you back $800. An expensive one $1200+. Whereas a top of the line 1/10th truck can be completed for $500.

Why are traxxas expensive? Easy really, you are paying for all that glossy packaging, manual productions and aggressive marketing. You don't see any other RC companies doing all that. Since they ride their reputation, they figure if someone wants a traxxas its because they fell for the hype that they are 'the best, the fastest' and won't care what they pay. It's all psychology. Traxxas are overpriced, yes, as are HPI.

Good brands?

Xray
MugenSeiki
Serpent
Kyosho
Team Associated
Team Losi
Durango
Traxxas website is very appealing. The best website I have seen so far.