Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

help on volcano epx pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:40 AM
russellsprout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on volcano epx pro

I just got the volcano epx pro. Charged the battery for about 6 hours and set esc to the book. When I take it out and hit the gas full throttle it cuts in and out. Not sure what it could be. I think it's the battery or the esc. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: help on volcano epx pro

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I just got the volcano epx pro. Charged the battery for about 6 hours and set esc to the book. When I take it out and hit the gas full throttle it cuts in and out. Not sure what it could be. I think it's the battery or the esc. Any help would be great. Thanks
Its either the battery, or you didnt calibrate the esc right.
Why did you set the esc anyway? It should come out of the box ready to go.
and check the LED on the esc when this happens. Let us know what color it is and if its flashing or not.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 AM
russellsprout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I messed with because it wasn't running right. It has done it since I toke it out of the box.the light is red and it looks like it's flashing? If I hold it it does fine its when its running on the ground is when it does it. Thanks for the help. :-)
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You must change your username (well you don't have to, but every spammer in the world is going to get you if you use a valid email address as your username on RCU).

You can do this by clicking on the gold settings button on the top right of all RCU pages, then by clicking the 'General Settings' tab, then clicking the 'request change' link next to your username. Let me know if you have any difficulties.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I messed with because it wasn't running right. It has done it since I toke it out of the box.the light is red and it looks like it's flashing? If I hold it it does fine its when its running on the ground is when it does it. Thanks for the help. :-)
flashing red means low voltage.
either your battery is crap or the charger is.