Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rustler 2wd vs Slasher 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Revo63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rustler 2wd vs Slasher 2wd

Hi everyone, I want to get into electric trucks I've been doing the nitro thing for about 10 years love em but alot of places around where I live have indoor tracks so no nitro racing. I'm looking at either the Rustler or Slasher 2wd brushless but really dont know the diff between the two which 1 is better more bang for the buck I dont mind spending 400.00 for a complete truck that I can take out and bash or race and be competative but if I can get away with 300.00 all the better as well. Do any of you have both? What are your suggestions? Tnx in advance
Old 04-30-2013, 03:38 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rustler 2wd vs Slasher 2wd

ORIGINAL: Revo63

Hi everyone, I want to get into electric trucks I've been doing the nitro thing for about 10 years love em but alot of places around where I live have indoor tracks so no nitro racing. I'm looking at either the Rustler or Slasher 2wd brushless but really dont know the diff between the two which 1 is better more bang for the buck I dont mind spending 400.00 for a complete truck that I can take out and bash or race and be competative but if I can get away with 300.00 all the better as well. Do any of you have both? What are your suggestions? Tnx in advance
I would look at other brands and models.... tell what type of terrain you will be running on.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:06 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Slash is a SCT (Short Course Truck)
Rustler is a ST (Stadium Truck)

Stadium trucks are a largely dead class from what I hear at tracks with no races for them. SCT's though are popular based on what people say (seems every track has a SCT class)

As for those 2 they are basically the same damn thing, and both over priced for what you get. The slash you will have to spend well over $100 to make it even remotely race-able. I've had a slash 4X4, and honestly that suckers handling sucked ass as its COG is WAY too high. To be competitive with a slash 2wd you would need a LCG kit, and new tires at the least (the stock slash tires are crappy as hell). Only way a slash would be an ok choice, and competative is if the track had a stock slash spec race where you would be racing other bone stock slashes against each other.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDBMP&P=ML would be a way better option as it is able to be raced out of the box. Also the tires included are pretty good(got a set of them for the truck I'm building).
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM
The_Shark

B4.1 or SC10RS

the T4.1 is brushless, 2.4, comes with a good lipo and 5amp charger for $330
the SC10RS is the same above but costs $380

both are lightyears ahead of traxxas.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

B4.1 or SC10RS

the T4.1 is brushless, 2.4, comes with a good lipo and 5amp charger for $330
the SC10RS is the same above but costs $380

both are lightyears ahead of traxxas.
not saying much as most brands are (except in price traxxas is way ahead of everyone else in charging more for less)
Old 04-30-2013, 08:32 AM
redfisher1974

I second the Blitz...
Old 04-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Revo63

Good info guys.  I called my LHS I they can order me a Blitz flux cost is 320.00 hard to beat so think I'm going to go with it.  What upgrades would you recommend batteries etc?  Agn tnx vy much for you inpute it's much appreciated )
Old 04-30-2013, 01:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

get a lipo battery, and a decent charger

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html don't own one, but only heard good things from people who do own one (I own pure DC chargers which are a lot cheaper, but require a good power supply)

batteries not sure what will fit. hopefully someone will know

as for what you are getting the blitz for it isn't bad, probably could have gotten it a tad cheaper through tower, but only after applying coupon codes.

The battery from what I see is a pile of **** that comes with it(well I don't think I've seen a RTR with a truely decent battery), and will probably only last a few minutes at best
Old 04-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Revo63

I checked Tower on price 349.00 so save 29.00 then tack on sales tax so bout the same mayb a bit cheaper going thru my lhs.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:36 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Revo63

I checked Tower on price 349.00 so save 29.00 then tack on sales tax so bout the same mayb a bit cheaper going thru my lhs.
well on tower you could have got free shipping, and a $30 off coupon so it would have been a lil cheaper, but still not too bad for a LHS
Old 04-30-2013, 05:39 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a brushless team associated SC10.
Runs well on the track and can take a real beating as well!
considering what I have put it threw, I have had very few problems with it.
Im not sure what the brushless RTR version goes for. Have to look on tower hobbies and see.
But I got mine used for under $200 and RTR (minus a battery/charger)