Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Question about my new Losi brushless.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:52 AM
StarscreamF22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my new Losi brushless.

Hey all,

I just recieved this car today, it's my first brushless car. It has a 150a Xerun ESC. I'm not sure whether this sound is normal or not in the video below?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LuF06c0dQ

Also it didn't come with a programming card, what sort of card can I get to customize it?

I just drove it for 5 minutes in the back yard to test it, seemed fine to me, when I took the shell off, on the ESC a green and amber light were flashing together, is this normal, what does it mean?

How bad is it if you're going at decent speed and accidentally put full brake on? I noticed the controller's throttle is quite sensitive in this regard.

I noticed when I picked the car up from behind so it's vertical I think the fan was on the ESC was hitting something on the inside, is this normal?

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:32 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Question about my new Losi brushless.

The fan sounds like its already on its last legs.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 AM
StarscreamF22

Default RE: Question about my new Losi brushless.

ORIGINAL: collector1231

The fan sounds like its already on its last legs.

Just had another play with the car, the fan definately was not making that noise this time around, was much much quieter. Can you help me with my other issues please.