Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Doing some Rustler work

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:01 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Doing some Rustler work

Saw a good thread of a Rustler build, prompted me to do some updates to mine(my sons).

We had been stripping spurs of late. Having a hard time getting a nice mesh as the plastic motor mount had some ruts worn in it. So I got an RPM case that includes the metal motor mounts.

Took the old trans off, removed the gears, checked the bearings.

transferred everything over

for some extra insurance I picked up a 32p spur and pinion

and done

Just need to test drive
Old 10-05-2013, 08:40 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PLASTIC motor mounts? And they charge that much for them? Ahh...the cost of marketing. Good thing outfits like RPM are there to make GOOD parts for Traxxas vehicles.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:17 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

on the bright side I only paid about $50 for it, used of course. In the 2nd pic you can see where the motor mounts up to the gear case. I have an older Traxxas Eagle and that transmission has a metal mount. I am sure they went to plastic for the mass production and cost savings. One less part to make.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:17 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
PLASTIC motor mounts? And they charge that much for them? Ahh...the cost of marketing. Good thing outfits like RPM are there to make GOOD parts for Traxxas vehicles.
Have a sus, the motor mount is metal, the plastic part is just the gearbox housing...
I loving mine, I normally run a fan on my motor but so far haven't needed to... Touch wood.
definatly runs cooler, due to the metal motor mount and the way there is more room around the motor for air flow...
Coolest feature is u can adjust the rear toe with out it effecting the wheelbase.... That's just unheard of in the RC world