Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need a self-righting system for my kids cars...

Old 01-26-2014, 04:59 AM
RC-twin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a self-righting system for my kids cars...

wanted to put some kind of self righting kit on my kids car.. found a few ideas on youtube, what do you guys think about this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRTTrb1n6Uw&sns=tw
Old 01-26-2014, 02:26 PM
rustlerbasher

Looks neat. too bad it doesn't reset itself... looks like that little flap stays open.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 AM
Northern Mike

That is kind of cool.
What you need is a some that will right your vehicles for you.
My self righting system,..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrUhn...e_gdata_player
Old 01-27-2014, 04:46 AM
phmaximus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol ive got some of those.....they work a treat
Old 01-27-2014, 03:20 PM
RC-twin

haha great idea.... its my kids cars though...thinking i may get this kit to keep them out of the roads
Old 01-27-2014, 05:05 PM
phmaximus

yeah but look how easily it flips..... ive never seen a slash that bad.... that thing looks like it will make ur car flip ALOT more than it normally would. and look how much it leans when its open..... and it does not reset it self....
so if u have to close that thing and reset it....u may as well right the car yourself....

someone touched on it before... but with some metal loops made from a old coat hanger should work with out making the rollover problem worse
Old 01-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Northern Mike

I think the slash in the video was modified to flip easy for the demo. The passed weight of the metal up top could also cause it to be top heavy.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:47 PM
RC-twin

yea im sure it was modded to flip easy to show how it works. not saying it wouldnt be more top heavy tho.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

based on the slash 4X4 I owned they don't need much help to flip, just turning the one I had at any real speed it would end up on its lid while on pavement.

I'll be honest I have thought of a similar thing that the video shows, but I never bothered as I could never figure out a decent way to retract the lid (note I said decent I did figure a few that would add decent amount of weight)
Old 02-01-2014, 03:20 PM
RC-twin

well i contacted the company and they havent released it yet. I guess they are doing a kickstarter later this month. Im going to buy one and try it out.. Will try modding it to reset itself by myself because thats what i want for my kids ultimately. Also found a write up on the company http://sackvillerc.com/2014/02/01/rc...rhinoforce-s2/
Old 02-01-2014, 04:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

looking at that page IMO it looks like crap that will break relatively easy, and put more stress on the RC chassis itself(as it mounts to the chassis from the shell off pics), while making the shell weaker.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:10 PM
RC-twin

im trying to figure a way to reset the flipper and looking at the pics in this new video they posted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1LuezG6pbQ im not sure if a servo can have enough torque to reset the flipper with all the springs.... any ideas on how to do this? maybe take some springs out and have a stronger servo ?
Old 02-17-2014, 03:01 AM
phmaximus

i think in the long run its just worth buying a lcg chassis for the slash's.

I dare say there would be a servo strong enough, but the weight from that and the weight from the device are going to make it roll over even more than it normally would.
If u had to have a rollover device, I think u would have more success making 2 big hoops from a coat hanger and fit them over the body. It will work just the same at a fraction of the cost and because it just so simple there is less chance of it wailing.

What type of car do ya boys have....... most of the time a few suspension tweaks you can significantly reduce rolling. we might be able to suggest something to fry first.....
but yeah if u can give us the brand and type of car with a run down on any mods
Old 02-17-2014, 05:36 PM
RC-twin

one has a slash the other has a team associated sc10 4x4
Old 03-07-2014, 04:02 AM
RC-twin

looks like the flip kit is now available through kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...for-rc-hobby-c

i might be getting mine earlier than the release date.. waiting to hear back from them
Old 03-07-2014, 05:45 AM
phmaximus

Are u affiliated with RhinoForce???

Me personally feel like its a bandaid solution and would NOT recommend it to anyone.
its a very innovative idea, don't get me wrong. I just believe a few minor suspension tweaks and the problem will be solved...
how hard is it to setup the suspension for onroad use or walk over to the car and right it? I mean it's not like kids drive that far away that it's to far to walk
Old 03-07-2014, 02:15 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Originally Posted by phmaximus View Post
Are u affiliated with RhinoForce???

Me personally feel like its a bandaid solution and would NOT recommend it to anyone.
its a very innovative idea, don't get me wrong. I just believe a few minor suspension tweaks and the problem will be solved...
how hard is it to setup the suspension for onroad use or walk over to the car and right it? I mean it's not like kids drive that far away that it's to far to walk
It also gives pretty good exercise
Old 03-07-2014, 08:36 PM
RC-twin

no not affiliated with them.. Just have twin 6 year olds and they flip their trucks and run in the street (half the time not looking) i saw a video on youtube and showed them and they wanted it. I personally am trying to figure a way to mod it to reset itself. If the company comes out with one that does then ill mod mine to what they did.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:54 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Instead of using a servo and that big lid to flip the car over, how about using a solenoid and a rod (you'd only need a smallish hole in the roof) that would poke thru the roof to flip the car over? Kinda like the devices the stunt guys use to flip 1:1 cars in movies, but it's meant to flip it upright. I'd think it wouldn't need as many moving parts as that flip-top thing.