Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Lipo IR,and track testing.pl8 and 308 IR comparisons.real world results

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Lipo IR,and track testing.pl8 and 308 IR comparisons.real world results

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:19 AM
ResultsRc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo IR,and track testing.pl8 and 308 IR comparisons.real world results

Hello all

I have not seen a very comprehensive test on lipo packs in awhile nor chargers done back to back for meaningful data.The mah and C ratings as well as the price of some brands has really gotten alot higher with either tech or hype.We would like to make some bias test videos and put some quality info out for the most popular brands,expensive and budget brands.
It seems the FMA revolectrixs line and new line of duo ichargers are nicest and highly talked about among experienced users in the industry now,so we will use these in the charging and discharging and IR readings of the lipos we test.There is some debate on what charger gives the most reliable IR reading so we will use a IR meter to close the delta between the 2. So in the process we will learn more about these chargers accuracy as well as balancing speed at a given amperage.
We will be testing what we think is the most important, We are anonymously obtaining from the supplier 3 packs of the same brand,mah to eliminate most variables. We are testing IR on new packs at 69 deg.Using 3 different racers with one of each brand to run 50 cycles of 8 and 10 min runs with 4x4 short course,this being a very high amp drain demanding class for 2 cell lipos. We will have real world track testing, reports for lap times,punch power ect ect Then retesting for IR again to determine the pack that holds up the best to sustained long term use.I dont think i have to explain how important IR is to most of you interested in this type experiment in determining the best cells for the price.

We have 3 each of a few diff brands in the 2 cell 7000 to 8000 mah range to start with being delivered. We will move to lower mah 5000 to 6000 mah next if the project goes well.

Give us some feedback on what brands and info you would like to see in this experiment....

Data for project will be posted at the link below first then reposted here later...feedback from brands as well

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post13071763
Old 03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds awesome.
Maybe some compairisons between a name brand like venom against a more budget brand like say zippy or turnigy.

I use a 3s Bias 5000mah 25c lipo and a 2s Venom 5000mah 25c lipo both of those seem to be the same as far as run times

The thunder charger ac680 is also a good cheap charger maybe throw that charger in with some other to compare.

honestly when food shopping genric some times is not only cheaper but tastes better, maybe it could be the same with batteries and chargers.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
ResultsRc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...d-results.html

We will be including the turnigy nanotechs in our next run of 5000mah packs if this goes well. Those 2 chargers will be all that we use.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:00 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to see some data on Gens Ace Lipos.