Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Castle creations 2200kv rebuild kit, discontinued???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 07:35 AM
sparky 25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castle creations 2200kv rebuild kit, discontinued???

My castle creations 1515 2200kv motor has started to shed its magnets,

I'm looking at a rebuild kit but they show discontinued on the castle website,

do I need to sent the motor to castle for repair?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	1978461   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	1978462  
Old 09-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Goldenduff

Default Me too

Hello- several years have passed since your post so I hope you got a solution....I’m now in the same “boat” and require the rebuild kit. Vorza flux 2200kv Torq motor shaft/magnets shot to bits. Any advice? Thanks

Last edited by Goldenduff; 09-07-2018 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Picture
Old 09-08-2018, 08:26 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Everywhere I looked...came up with nothing. Is that HPI Flux TORK 2200kv motor made by Castle? I don't know. It doesn't look like one to me. I haven't kept up with HPI stuff in a long time though. I could be wrong. I'd contact Castle Creations. I'll bet it would cost about 2/3 of a new Castle motor to have it repaired by Castle themselves. Now then, I think the HPI Flux MLH-2200 motor, that some of the HPI Vorzas come with, looks like a re-badged Hobbywing EZRun motor. I know that is what I'm looking at getting once my Castle motor gives out on my buggy.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Goldenduff

Default Tork 2200kv

Hello, I really appreciate the response. I found a new direct replacement for £46 inc postage on ebay. It’s the exact same so no worries about dimensions etc.

the rebuild kit wasn’t that much less!

The vorza is my only buggy. Pretty pleased with it. Think a Thphoon would be a cheaper competitor? I just bash. Cheers
Old 09-09-2018, 03:13 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The Vorza has got to be one of the all time great HPI bashers. The Typhon would rank right up there in the basher market IMO. I was so close to getting the Arrma Typhon, but a winning bid on eBay got me my 1/8 buggy that I have longed for.

Glad to hear you got things under control with your motor issue.

Rotor abuse was caused by what? Bearing failing?

I like to subject my brushless motors to regular cleaning and re-lubing of the bearings to try insure a long life. I run my RCs in a very dusty environment. Fifteen runs is the maximum I let my RCs go before maintenance is done to whole RC. YMMV. I got many different types of motors with different amounts of openings in them. The motors that are pretty well sealed up from the elements, still manage to find dirt/dust getting inside.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:22 AM
Goldenduff

Default Voraza flux

Thanks for the reply. I bought the vorza second hand and run it on flat wet grass (Scottish lawn). Running an air compressor is as much love as I’ve shown it! I routinely run it on 6s because I have heaps of 3s.

Im a plane guy and car is for friends or when it’s too windy. I should show it more love but my planes are my babies! Nice to know my research wasn’t way off getting the vorza as a basher. I was very pleased to find a motor for £45. The magnets had disintegrated. Possibly old. Looked like the previous owner had tried to balance it with some hard blue epoxy- some was in the windings; cause or symptom of the motor failure I don’t know.

all the best
Old 09-13-2018, 02:41 PM
RCb-87

That sucks. Mayb theyll replace it though trade in thingy.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:54 PM
Goldenduff

Default Vorza flux motor

got a new motor for £45 so happy enough.

the differential is stiff to turn- sound right? Cheers