Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

road body on your truggy?

Old 12-18-2014, 05:47 PM
vqdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road body on your truggy?

wondering if anyone's modded one to fit. lots of bodies with the right wheelbase but looks like a lot of cutting to make room for the suspension action.
anyone done this with a pic to put up?
Old 12-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go. That's my Traxxas Rally body on my Losi 8ight-t 2.0 truggy. The Rally is the same size as a 1/8 buggy or short chassis 1/8 touring car. The long chassis touring cars like the Kyosho GT2 are the same width. As you can see the tires are hitting the body and the bottom of the body is even with the bottom of the chassis at the front. You'd need to raise the body about 3 inches to clear the tires. Even with wide offset wheels and/or extended hex adapters you'd need to cut the body for tire clearance otherwise they'd hit when the wheels are turned and the suspension is compressed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	56828140-0EBA-42C1-AD02-6D5CFC51B62C_zpsbivxkszk.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	2056386  

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 12-19-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:07 AM
RustyUs

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Check out Parma for some short course bodies that could possibly fit.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:31 AM
Timritchieblue

I would like to see a ON ROAD car body on a truggy as well. Mabel with some street tires, adj droop screws, limit travel.. Nice on road car
Old 12-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
Check out Parma for some short course bodies that could possibly fit.
Short course bodies are the same width as 1/8 touring car or rally bodies. The Traxxas Rally body I posted above goes on the same chassis as the Slash 4x4 SCT truck. The only advantage is that SCT bodies usually have larger wheel openings so there may not be quite as much trimming needed, but trimming will still be needed. Switching to narrower and shorter buggy tires may help as less trimming should be needed but the tires will still be outside the body due to the loner suspension arms of a Truggy. The disadvantage is that SCT bodies are buggy wheelbase, not long enough for most modern race style truggies.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Timritchieblue

I've seem 1/6 on road car body's fit truggys. But their expensive.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:26 PM
sweendog1969

I have the tamiya rx7 body on my slash. looks like the hillbilly camaro,mustang on 4x4 jobs you see floating around the web.