Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

please help I am lost

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 01:25 PM
CHRISD76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help I am lost

to anyone out there who has extended knowledge with brushless esc and motor setups I am having a very hard time trying to figure out how to program my hobby power 60 amp v2 racing brushless USB programmable ESC I have tried using the SET button I have even read a Hobbywing program card and neither have been successful I have downloaded the PDF file for the 60 amp centerless hobby power speed control but the options and setting numbers do not match on the paper with the ESC anybody who may know what I am doing wrong or may be able to help me with a little advice would be more than helpful thank you and please anybody who can help I am begging THANK YOU
Old 03-31-2015, 06:16 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

How about a little more info. What rc did this come in? Where did you buy it and is there a link to it? Picture couldnt hurt either.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:11 PM
CHRISD76

Originally Posted by kistner
How about a little more info. What rc did this come in? Where did you buy it and is there a link to it? Picture couldnt hurt either.
Its an after market ESC & motor ESC is hobby power 60 A-sl v2 raceing model and the motor is a speed passion 13.5T sensored brushless motor and if u know how to upload pics please tell me I can't find the pic icon

Last edited by CHRISD76; 03-31-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:36 PM
kistner

chances are it is a hobbywing ezrun rebrand

turn on your tx
hold set button while turning on esc
when red led begins to flash release set button
with throttle in neutral press set button, it should beep and flash green once
set throttle to full forward and press set button, it should beep twice and flash green twice
set throttle to full reverse and press set button, it should beep 3 times and flash green 3 times
wait few seconds and it should be good.

good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	2085566  
Old 03-31-2015, 07:41 PM
kistner

btw, i am guessing it is a sensorless esc and you are running a sensored motor with it. I have run 13.5 motors on sensorless escs before but when I did every now and then I did get a slight stutter on startup.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:37 PM
CHRISD76

Well I will try again but dident work last time oh and if u needed pics my phone won't let me bit I can email them to u if u have an email address .
Old 04-01-2015, 05:14 AM
kistner

Something to watch for, if you hold the set button too long when you first start it will put the esc in settings mode instead of calibrate mode.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:39 AM
CHRISD76

Yeah I even bought a hobbywing program card and been threw the settings nourmous times and still can't get it to run on NiMH
Old 04-01-2015, 10:10 AM
kistner

Are you going through the calibration before you do the setup? You need to do 2 separate things to get this to function.

or maybe you got a bum esc. It happens with the import stuff, particularly the rebranded import stuff.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:07 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kistner is right. That looks like a HobbyWing re-brand. First thing you need to do (besides making sure you have a fully charged battery) is to Calibrate the speed control to your radio's throttle range. Kistner described that procedure above. Once you do that, THEN you can use the program card to modify settings in the ESC, and the first one you need to change is the Cut-Off Voltage. Set that to OFF or NONE if you are running NiMh batteries. That will prevent the Lipo Low Voltage Cut-off from kicking in.

If that doesn't solve your problem, then it is possible you just happened to get a bum one.

BTW, I HIGHLY reccommend that you run LiPo batteries if you're running a brushless system. Even with the relatively smallish system you have, (I have a 45A system, even smaller) the brushless system can draw considerably more current than the NiMh pack can deliver. This causes the cells to heat up, and in all things electronic, heat is bad. They can get hot enough to melt the shrink wrap. In short order, they no longer will hold a charge, and the packs are dead. That is why I reccommend LiPo. Be sure to set your LVC to ON once you get your Lipo packs. You can buy a good Lipo charger for $50. It has a function called "Storage". Use it after you're done for the day to put a half-charge or storage-charge on the Lipo packs. This will help extend their life.