Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E firestorm flux vs rustler vxl

Old 05-18-2015, 05:39 PM
buckhoule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E firestorm flux vs rustler vxl

Looking for my next rc and wanting a brushless stadium truck, trying to decide between the firestorm flux and rustler vxl, I have traxxas and hpi dealers both within 30 minutes of my house so parts aren't much of an issue, I will be driving mostly in a sand pit with mulch piles, my yard and some speed runs on my culdasack, which one is more durable and better fun factor?? I will not be racing at all either
Old 05-18-2015, 06:30 PM
NachoRTR

As I have not owned a rustler I cannot say much more than pointing out th rustler looks like an old design.
i recommend you get the hpi e fire, I have one and it is one of the most durable trucks I've seen. I have bashed it very heavily and I have not wasted more than $20 in parts from the 2+ years I have used it. The chassis seems super strong, the shock towers are made out very thick plastic and the new version has plenty of power.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:57 AM
DieHarder

E-Firestorm. I hate Traxxas trucks, but I love Traxxas in terms of affordable parts and hardware. That's what I use them mostly for is hardware. The VXL motor is powerful, and I have a couple. But I'd rather have what's in the E-firestorm as the VXL3S system runs WAY too hot with just about any gearing.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:55 AM
phmaximus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go the rustler, it's a old design based of the vintage race winning SRT...

in in terms if durability the rustler is said to be stronger,

hey Die Hard I'm the opposite, I like Traxxas trucks but absolutely hate there electronics.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:48 AM
RustyUs

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Flip a coin...you win either way! If it were up to me, I'd get the HPI simply because it looks meaner in all black attire. Seriously, you can beat yourself up trying to way the +'s and -'s of each...I'm just glad you didn't throw a "close to toy grade" model into the mix.

If I had to start all over; picking out a stadium truck again for "bashing" purposes/all around fun, I'd get a HPI/ARRMA/Team Durango since Hobbico has given up on the Duratrax Evader line and passed the baton to bigger and better designers from the crew at Arrma/HPI/Team Durango. Just my opinion.

Last edited by RustyUs; 05-23-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:16 PM
DieHarder

I dislike their electronics as well, all except the VXL3S ESC. It runs great to my standards, but I wish it was programmable with the Castle Link. I still use the 3500kv in my Evader because it won't die. lol
Originally Posted by phmaximus View Post
hey Die Hard I'm the opposite, I like Traxxas trucks but absolutely hate there electronics.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:23 PM
cetme308

Well, the way I see it is you get the Rustler if you really like putting on hop ups. You get the Firestorm if you want a solid built truck out of the box.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Enzyme80

I've used both. The E-firestorm out performs the Rustler in almost every way. It took me around 6 months to break my first piece on the E-Firestorm. It's a great truck.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:55 AM
Hotled

After beating my Firestorm up while my buddy was using his nitro rustler, there really wasn't a contest. He broke several parts throughout the day and my Firestorm just kept going.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:20 AM
tooth-less

Another nod for the E-fire.