Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

truggy for me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Mikael_m29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truggy for me?

What truggy should I get I'm debating between these 3
Ofna hyper sste
Arrma talion
Stampede truggy

Any opinions thanks. I'mopen to opinions under $600 with everything. I'm gonna be bashing on flat of road and gravel trails. I'm also gonna make a cheap track with friends my friends have slash 4wd rustler bandit slash 2wd thanks
Old 05-21-2015, 02:13 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you seen the Talion in-person? It is impressive. Big and stout. You'd be the king of your crowd. I've seen it run on a track that broke both of my cars, and it didn't break a sweat.
Check out Lipos from SMC. That big truggy is gonna need a couple of juicy batteries, and I'm really impressed with the 7200mah 2S 60C packs I got for the price of Gens Ace 5000mah 2S 40C. About $45ea. And SMC has better wires, and you can get them with either Traxxas or Deans already installed for you! (You'd have to change the plug on the Talion's ESC if you went Traxxas, but it would make swapping packs with your buddies easier)

I have an Ofna Hyper 10TT I like a lot, as well as a Hyper 10SC short course truck. I like Ofna. HoBao, anyway. I've heard good things about their other manufacturer, HongNor, too.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:33 PM
DieHarder

I'm looking into purchasing a couple 7200mah 3S 60C SMC lipos to run in series and make 6S. I've never bought SMC before. I know you support them, but I was just wondering it there was anything you don't like about them or wish they had done different? Any negative thoughts? They sound pretty legit.
Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Have you seen the Talion in-person? It is impressive. Big and stout. You'd be the king of your crowd. I've seen it run on a track that broke both of my cars, and it didn't break a sweat.
Check out Lipos from SMC. That big truggy is gonna need a couple of juicy batteries, and I'm really impressed with the 7200mah 2S 60C packs I got for the price of Gens Ace 5000mah 2S 40C. About $45ea. And SMC has better wires, and you can get them with either Traxxas or Deans already installed for you! (You'd have to change the plug on the Talion's ESC if you went Traxxas, but it would make swapping packs with your buddies easier)

I have an Ofna Hyper 10TT I like a lot, as well as a Hyper 10SC short course truck. I like Ofna. HoBao, anyway. I've heard good things about their other manufacturer, HongNor, too.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:35 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a thing negative. What's not to like? 8")
Old 05-22-2015, 04:37 AM
DieHarder

Awesome. Thanks Rob.
Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Not a thing negative. What's not to like? 8")