Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

looking to get in to buggys

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 PM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking to get in to buggys

hey guys.
i'm usually a go slow guy that's why i hang out in the crawler section but saw something that caught my eye. so i thought i'd ask for some opinions.
i want to stay 1/10, electric. i saw a iron track tanto and thought it looked cool. the price seemed ok to me. so do any of you that own one have anything good, bad, up's or downs about it, is there aftermarket support or are some parts interchangeable with upgrades made for others?
thanks for any help.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:50 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Add it to the list of re-branded vehicles.....I do believe the OEM is the Quanum Vandal

Last edited by RustyUs; 06-04-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:03 AM
RustyUs

If you want a super deal to try one out...Holy Crap!
The price must have went up just within the past week...http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...w#.VXAui0bjFG2
It was around $109 or $119 just a week ago. I have no first hand use of the 4wd buggy, but you will find others using the i10B/Vandal with a thread dedicated to the Quanum Vandal. Yahoo! it.
I know there is at least four other names for that buggy, but if one should get one from Integy, at least you get a decent radio with it. Other re-branded Vandals don't come with a FlySky.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:25 AM
RustedRC

That V2 i10B looks good. reading the spec's i see it has more tuning adjustments than the one i was looking at. cool it comes with that FS radio. i use the same one on one of my crawlers. might be my first 3s RC. thanks RustyUs.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:52 PM
RustyUs

Your welcome RustedRC...nice user name

I had them Integy buggies on my wish list for up and coming birthdays/Christmas presents for nephews/cousins at the $109.99 price tag. Bummer!

Let's see if I can find the thread on the Vandal ..http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174169
A pre-assembled kit? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...uggy_KIT_.html
Old 06-04-2015, 03:59 PM
RustyUs

Sorry, I didn't want to make your decision harder by throwing in the "kit" link. If you're up for some reading, check out the link above to get a feel for what others have learned about that 4wd buggy. I can't remember anything that was said in the thread about the durability, but Integy's version, coming with a FlySky radio, got my attention.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:25 PM
RustedRC

i don't mind a kit. thanks for the links. i'll read up on it. i like the low look it has.
i see ur from pa. if ya got any crawlers stop on down i know a good place to go. pm me for any details.
thanks RustyUs
Old 06-05-2015, 06:05 AM
Hotled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost bought that i10B 4X4 1/10 RC Buggy RTR ! Thats a good deal with the included radio, then I did some research on spare parts.
They are non-existent, always out of stock from what I read, especially on the chassis and shock parts..kinda bummed, I wonder if parts can be retrofitted from other models ???
I amy still buy it just to bash for the price lol.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:48 AM
RustyUs

Integy 4wd buggy/Quanum Vandal 4wd/YiKong 1/10 Racing 4wd Buggy/VRX 4wd Buggy.... the re-branding stops at....I don't know. I'm pretty sure there is one or two more names that the buggy goes by and maybe can find parts under a different re-branded buggy. Like I've said before many times, all the re-branding that is done in the RC world blows my mind.

The platform has been used also in making 1/10 scale truggies; Russian rally cars, and SC trucks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AW-XALLO_3.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	2100634   Click image for larger version

Name:	13011.970.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	2100635  

Last edited by RustyUs; 06-05-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:54 AM
RustedRC

No spare parts. that's not good. i usually go for upgrade parts like metal knuckles and stronger links things such as that. might have to keep looking for one with some aftermarket support. kinda sucks i like the look and the radio.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:27 AM
RustyUs

Well then, back to square one.

Great job of doing you homework . I know after researching for my new rock racer purchase, you guys/gals in the crawler forums are always upgrading steering and suspension parts. I sometimes sit here with my mouth open , looking in disbelief sometimes, how far some people go into dressing-up/hopping-up/modding their rides.

Must the buggy be 4wd? Being concerned about parts availability with aftermarket upgrades will more than likely have you looking into the middle~top shelf brands.

Last edited by RustyUs; 06-05-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:45 AM
RustedRC

yeah really would like 4x4. i don't mind mid to top shelf brands. just want to be able to throw better parts at it from time to time.
i have tossed a few bucks at my crawlers to make them tuff and perform well.
so in the mid range of buggy's what would you suggest?
yeah all that re-branding is a little crazy. kinda like taping antlers to a horse and calling it a moose.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:36 AM
RustyUs

For a better quality 1/10 scale 4wd buggy your price tag is now going to be doubled.... at least . Sorry, I'm not much of help when looking for a RC with your criteria. Any of the more well known names in RC will sure to be a great ride, but that will come with a good amount of cash needed.

I was in the same situation you are in now... only I wanted something bigger than 1/10 scale.

I've only come across stuff while researching my next ride. I was looking for something 4wd once again to jump into and drive; that had a bigger stance/platform for general bashing. I looked at tons of junk over the past six months or so...most of my searches were for 1/8 scale buggies or 1/10 scale monster trucks... I settled for a RC that I think will do good at a lot of things, and only great at one (having fun).
Old 06-05-2015, 11:15 AM
RustedRC

I kinda thought i couldn't get away with a less priced one that i could upgrade to be awesome one but oh well. so as i was looking around i saw a RC10B44.3 looks to have a lot of features but still need to research to see if it meets what i'm looking for and expecting.
thanks RustyUs and Holted for pointing me in the direction to get the wheels turning on these buggys.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:14 AM
DieHarder

Rusty, meet Rusted.
Originally Posted by RustyUs
Your welcome RustedRC...nice user name
Old 06-06-2015, 09:52 PM
RustedRC

pleasure to meet ya rusty. lol
well i think i found one that might be what i was looking for. the DEX410Rv3. might have to put a few projects aside to save up for this one.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:53 AM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by RustedRC
pleasure to meet ya rusty. lol
well i think i found one that might be what i was looking for. the DEX410Rv3. might have to put a few projects aside to save up for this one.
Now you're talking. That Team Durango 4wd buggy is awesome! I'm an Associated fan through and through when it comes to racing, but the Durango DEX410Rv3 has a better set-up IMO. I know it was tough going through and finding a 4wd buggy from the choices...either it's low-end models/re-branded stuff with questionable parts, or slim pickings from a short list of full blown first class racers. Not much in between that I saw, and as you found out also, I think.

I'll put the blame on the whole short course truck scene. At the track I went to, classes started dropping like flies when a Slash Spec/Stock Class was put on the sign-up sheets. Everyone wanted to try their hand at the "new" fun drivin'/body rollin' truck.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:07 AM
RustedRC

Yeah i think it has a good look to it and support for those aftermarket goodies
even though i saw a few that i thought looked good and don't mind starting with factory plastic parts, i like to toss some upgrades at my rc's every now and then. so when most of the ones i looked at had no chance at being better over time it kinda turned me away. i guess i look at rc's as a investment in my entertainment and don't want to waste money on something that i can't build stronger after the first crash.
so maybe some day soon i'll see ya at the track. lol.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:47 AM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by RustedRC
so maybe some day soon i'll see ya at the track. lol.
You planning on racing?
Old 06-10-2015, 06:10 AM
RustedRC

i would like to give it a shot one day.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:21 PM
bobdole04201221

I bought the Tanto as my first rc. I broke the shock tower front one in 15 mins on a car tire. But here is the kicker parts are hard to find not a terrible amount of hopups. So i did probably the best thing you can do. I hot glued the heck out of the shock tower while still making sure screws and other parts can be taken off. And wow it has taken hits that would destroy actual cars... Ok exaggerated a bit there but joking aside. If you buy it. I honestly out of the box recommend doing that. I dont race or think they even do in my state so not sure on rules there. It is a fun buggy but due to parts availability i also bought the arrma fury short course trucks and that is really fun. The brushless system i bought for the fury actually slowes it down so i tried it in the tanto and the tanto can almost keep up to the fury which i run a 2s lipo. So im gonna go test the lipo in the tanto with new brushless see what happens. I did break the shock today and im broke so i ddod another hot glu mod lol so anything can happen this morning.

Last edited by bobdole04201221; 06-09-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:11 AM
RustyUs

The Himoto brand is usually sold in other forms and names, or Himoto is distributing RCs with their name on them. Either way, there probably is a re-branded model of the Tanto out there, I just can't think of the name of the model that it goes by.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:17 AM
bobdole04201221

Ive seen i think its cslled the spino by himoto that looks alot like it. Problem with the shock tower is also being the differential case as well. And side note didnt realize this thread is about a year old. Im assuming you have made it passed any point of buying or not buying lol