Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Can sombody help me with my arrma granite

Old 08-11-2015, 05:08 AM
zof616

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can sombody help me with my arrma granite

i have a arrma granite witch i have been having trouble with it since i have got in it i have customized it by putting a blx motor new servo and a castle exc with the hobby shop recommenced because they didn't have the other one in stock but now to the real problem i have had this problem before but it just managed to fix its self when i hold down the throttle it sound bad like something clicking in the gear box but i have been messing with the gears to fix it have have perfect mesh and it still not working but still holding down the throttle it does that clicking noise and then stops moving all together and i am still holdong down the throttle i am hoping one of u guys can help me. thxs
Old 08-11-2015, 09:09 AM
RustyUs

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Clicking and gearboxes = not good. Sometimes it's as simple as a grain of dirt in the gears, but you stating "stops moving all together" is a binding issue I believe.

I run on a track with lots of little stones on it, and from time to time I get one stuck between the arms and outdrive cups...causing one side of the transmission to lock up, or the stone comes along for the ride making a "clicking" noise on the tranny outdrive cup's slot for the dog bone.

Without having the truck in front of me, I'd would tell you to work from the outside in. Taking off the motor and turn the tires by hand to see if you can isolate the "clicking" noise. Dogbones staying in the drive cups? Do you feel any binding?

I'd take off the gearbox altogether and turn the diff outdrive cups by hand to get a better feel/sense of the noise taking place. I couldn't let anything go unchecked, now that I had the gearbox off the chassis. Look inside for any gears that might have broke or chip a small piece off one of the teeth. Get to know the tranny; being careful to not let pieces jump off your workspace as one disassembles; inspects, and reassembles all the little pieces/gears that make up the tranny.

Last edited by RustyUs; 08-11-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:16 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the little set screw inside the pinion gear, it may have come loose.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:26 AM
Carabidae

My sons Latrax SST made many sounds after he plays with it in dirt. I keep checking it after each charge and it seems to be a problem with it brushed motor getting dirt and stones in it. sometimes I have to force it to turn, but at the end it gave up, it burned.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:14 PM
ColeB

I have an arrma Talion blx and on my first run the screw on the pinion gear came lose and the gear fell off the motor. You probably would have noticed that immediately but that is my experience.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:03 PM
john01374

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is all good advise. I've also run into an issue when running smaller pinions where the set screw actually sticks out of the pinion a little and can make contact with the spur gear if the pinion is pushed in or out too far depending on which way it's installed. The actually happens a lot on traxxas stuff as the pinions typically install with the set screw toward the end of the motor shaft.