Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

2wd Ruckus help

Old 08-20-2015, 10:36 AM
berretta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd Ruckus help

Hello, I'm new to rc's and just bought my first non toy grade for my 7 year old son and I.

We bought a used 2wd ruckus. My son tripped and bent the antenna so we upgraded to a 2.4 ghz radio. Then LMAO we went ahead and upgraded to 5000mah lipo and a new ecs. We also did a castle brushless. The hobby shop programmed it at 75% power while my son adjusts to the ridiculous jump in speed. After less than 10 minutes of driving, we broke an axle. I'm curious about which axles we should go to now to avoid further down time. What else should we look at to make it more reliable?
Old 08-20-2015, 04:58 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately ECX has very little in the way of aftermarket support at this time so you don't really have any options other than stock parts.

You said Axle but by any chance did you mean the plastic drive shaft? If so there is an HD version of those parts available right from ECX. Look for part number ECX232000. Beyond that I have heard of people swapping over Traxxas parts where the stock stuff breaks.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:04 AM
berretta

Thanks for the help. That was the correct part number and the repair was very easy.

Next question is if there is a sway bar kit available. And what can be done to help reduce wheelies
Old 08-23-2015, 10:16 PM
slick2500

Originally Posted by john01374
Unfortunately ECX has very little in the way of aftermarket support at this time so you don't really have any options other than stock parts.

You said Axle but by any chance did you mean the plastic drive shaft? If so there is an HD version of those parts available right from ECX. Look for part number ECX232000. Beyond that I have heard of people swapping over Traxxas parts where the stock stuff breaks.
ECX has quite a few upgrade parts that they make. Hot Racing, Boom Racing, and RPM, just to name a few,also make quite a few upgrade parts for this truck. So saying that they have very little in aftermarket support is pretty false. Plus parts from other vehicle are either a direct bolt on or require slight modification, that any average joe can do at home.

To berretta, you can modify Traxxas VXL shafts to fit. http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128675