Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

4wd Stadium Truck???

Old 02-20-2016, 01:28 PM
BlueBorderRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd Stadium Truck???

Losi and Associated has just released their new 8 scale 4wd Stadium Trucks. First the nitro then the electric like always. A ten scale 4wd stadium truck would have been awesome. For now I can only find one and I still may buy the rtr and build it up. ECX Circuit Brushless.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ecx circuit brushless.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	2148511   Click image for larger version

Name:	ECX-4WD-Circuit-Brushless-AVC-Review-3.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	2148512  
Old 02-20-2016, 05:49 PM
RustyUs

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

There are a few other 1/10 scale truggy platforms out there. LRP, Ofna, Helion, Losi Ten-T (IMO Best Looking!), Kyosho DST?, and SST Racing are the ones that come to mind first.

*edit* Some of the models are probably discontinued

Last edited by RustyUs; 02-21-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:49 PM
grabbem88

but who wants a 10th scale 4x4 stadium truck when 1/8 are so much more fun?

I can see some impressive speed runs with those trucks if they stay light enough
Old 02-21-2016, 03:06 PM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by grabbem88
but who wants a 10th scale 4x4 stadium truck when 1/8 are so much more fun?

I can see some impressive speed runs with those trucks if they stay light enough
Size isn't everything .... I think 1/10 truggies are awesome! I love the looks of them. I almost had me a Hyper10-TT, but for some reason or another, my brain switched gears and I ended up craving a new rock racer kit to fill my 4wd needs.

I don't own 1/10 truggy, but I am keeping an eye on them as a contender for my next ride. I had a 1/8 truggy, actually 3 of them, but my track is more geared for 1/10 scale RC platforms and 1/8 scale buggies. If you got the room to "open up" a heavy 1/8 truggy to it's full potential, by all means... buy one and let 'er rip. I could see myself getting into truggies for some construction site type bashing scenarios, but my backyard would settle for 1/10 scale. I will say the 1/8 truggies, that I had, they drove like big old Cadillacs over the bumps 'n jumps. That was the fun part of driving the heafty larger wheeled beasts.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:42 PM
RustyUs

To add to the list of 4wd stadium trucks...Thunder Tiger has, or had, the Sparrowhawk XXT, and DHK Hobby has the RAZ-R. IMO that body of the RAZ-R is hideous. Put a cab forward body on there; with less "fancy" graphics, and then they would possibly have something...just saying. If ECX offered the Circuit in plain jane kit form, I'd would order one tomorrow (provided the price was right). Again, with the body complaints...where's the wing ECX? Incorporate a wing, and wing mount, and they would have a great looking ride! There you have it...just an opinion I have and think of every time I look at the ads and www pictures of ECX and DHK Hobby. Also, the one big obsticle in a purchasing decision for me...RTRs. That holds me back from buying any new RC vehicle. I like to pick and choose which low budget crap I put in my RCs .
Old 02-21-2016, 04:12 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That 8th scale ST looks like they took their truggy put a buggy front bumper on it, my guess would be they locked the center diff, and removed the wing.

As for the 1/10th to 1/8th debate.
I have a 1/8th scale truggy I've driven once as there isn't anywhere nearby that I could actually use it as I live in a very overbuilt city with little open space. My 1/10th scale stuff has gotten way more use then the 1/8th. I've never even got the truggy to full speed as I had to start slowing down by the point I hit half throttle so I didn't hit something. When I first started the conversion(converted a nitro I bought) there was a park that was large, and open, but soon after I started it years ago they cordoned off the park to build a school(they have 4 schools within 5 city blocks...)
Old 02-23-2016, 07:54 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my Hyper 10TT! Like every other RC, it needed front and rear bumpers. I also ended up adding aluminum steering knuckles and aluminum servo saver/bellcrank. I only break the occasional suspension arm, essentially a sacrificial part. We do race around trees, but the crash barriers we came up with prevent most damage. In fact, just last week, I hit a protected tree at full speed, head-on. WHACK! 😱 I thought I taco'd the chassis, as one of the safety cones exploded into pieces! No damage to the car whatsoever. The barrier did its job. 🙆 Love the TT, fast, nimble, and tough with a few choice parts.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:52 AM
BlueBorderRC

I have recently found the Hyper 10 TT e. That's a bad looking truck and I'll probably get that as my next kit. I would appreciate any more feed back on the 10 TTe from any body who's owned one. As far as 8 scale go's I completely agree with RustyUs. I had 8 scale, I actually had a 8 scale track previously lol. The vehicles are big and tare up the track. 8 scales are heavy, eccentric, parts are big and expensive! I got out of 8 scale, that money pit broke my wallet. I seen several fireballs at the track with those big 4s lipos and huge esc's. I'm good with my ten scale vehicles. They are way easier to enjoy.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:25 AM
EXT2Rob

I got my 10TT from NitroHouse for $180. It's now $210.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Hyper-10TT...it_p_5060.html

It comes as a "roller", all assembled, minus electronics. You pick your own. A good idea, IMO. Initially I installed a little HobbyWing 35A brushless 3650M system in it. It did great! That little system is pretty powerful. But I eventually swapped in a Castle 540-size 4-pole brushless motor in it, and I like it better.

The first thing the car needs is a T-Bone Racing front and rear bumper set. We were breaking suspension arms without them. (Pretty typical for any RC) The next thing I installed were aluminum steering knuckles and aluminum bellcrank/servo-saver. Bad high-speed tumbles tended to break those. Once those were installed, no problems. Rarely break anything. Of course, a high speed clip of a wheel on a tree can still rip off a suspension arm, but that's open-wheel racing. I view suspension arms as "sacrificial parts".

NitroHouse is in SoCal, and parts ship fast. Some of the metal parts (like ring gears) are pricey there, so for parts I don't need right away, I'll also buy from GeeFly Hobby http://rchobby.com.tw/?hyper-tt10-parts,36 NOTE that the Hyper 10TT, the Hyper 10SC and Hyper Mini ST share a lot of parts, so you have to look thru all of them sometimes to find the part you want. GeeFly is kinda screwy that way.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:56 PM
BlueBorderRC

Thank you for the information. You answer some of my questions. I Can get parts from nitro house or geefly for this truck then. I was mainly concerned about where and how to get parts for it.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:02 PM
67Stingrayj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So guys, what about the ECX 4WD Circuit? I recently traded my ECK Ruckus (2WD) and now I miss it. It was a total basher! I have a guy who wants to unload his ECX Circuit on me and I'm torn. Anyone ever put bigger tires on one of these stadium truggies?
Old 07-29-2016, 07:28 AM
EXT2Rob

4wd is easier to drive. You could put larger tires/wheels on, but you'd have to gear it down a few teeth to keep the motor in the sweet spot, and monitor the motor temps. The extra weight will change how the suspension works. Might have to adjust shock damping.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:46 PM
mercerbeef

There's also the hpi bullets, nitro and electric. And if you look you may find some old hb lightings.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:03 PM
EXT2Rob

I thought the Bullet line was a known turd in the HPI stable.
Old 12-14-2022, 12:07 PM
BlueBorderRC

And over 6 years later the 10 scale truggy / 4wd truck is a thang. Tekno and Xray on the market.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:20 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

As simple as the Rustler 4x4

I still have my old, old HPI RS4 MT. Ahead of its time.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:47 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts

for years iv been thinking of picking up the HPI Nitro Bullet and swapping over to 2.2 wheels and changing the body to make a new version of the Nitro RS4 MT. those trucks were awesome back in the day.