Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

A New Slash

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 01:09 PM
FREEBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A New Slash

Been out of this for around 6 years or so, did a lot of SC racing in the past and knew how durable the venerable Traxxas Slash is so I picked up a new one for bashing. These things are just as good as they used to be, and I really like that stability system. Nothing like a 4 wheel drive basher for the yard and park, really like this one, and flawless out of the box.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SLASH.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	2160132  
Old 05-01-2016, 12:02 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool! Welcome back! I like the FOX livery. And you got TSM too. You'll have to let us know how you like it and how you use it.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:55 PM
FREEBIRD

The TSM is very nice for bashing (which it what I use this for), it seems like basically a gyro sensitized to the rear end and smoothes things out nicely on wet grass etc. I don't know if I would want to race with it, it may limit your "slide job" capabilities. I run this thing in a really large open park in my area and the TSM really keeps that rear end planted on wide sweeping turns under power. Definitely a nice feature they came out with.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:26 PM
The Saylors

Ya the tsm is very nice to have especially for bashing. I drove my cousins older slash and i looked like i had never driven before for the first min or two till i got used to it. I love the fox livery as well! Too bad they dont sell a reasonable aftermarket one.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:48 PM
FREEBIRD

It's similar to when helicopters went flybarless, the electronics are nice. When I raced cars the drag brake feature, punch control, etc. was just emerging, technology nowdays is moving fast in RC. This TSM seems to be just enough luxury, and you can turn it down if needed. When I first set-up a full on race rig, I could not believe you could throw the thing into a turn with the throttle pinned and it would stick. These 4x4 's are very nice, I still mix it up with a few of the fellas at the park and don't get left in the dust
Old 05-02-2016, 01:52 PM
The Saylors

Ya when i wanna do doughnuts and drifts i turn it down just below 1/4 and it throws roosts all day. Very entertaining for sure and its nice cuz when the wife drives i can turn it way up and she can stay in control like a pro while still feeling like she is the one in control. A lot of the other tsm systems intrude on the fun a little too much and make it feel like some else is holding the transmitter during slides and turns.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:41 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Saylors
Ya when i wanna do doughnuts and drifts i turn it down just below 1/4 and it throws roosts all day. Very entertaining for sure and its nice cuz when the wife drives i can turn it way up and she can stay in control like a pro while still feeling like she is the one in control. A lot of the other tsm systems intrude on the fun a little too much and make it feel like some else is holding the transmitter during slides and turns.
HAHAHA I love that you turn it up for your wife. Rhonda Drake would take offense to that LOL But lets face it, chicks are better for looking at than racing :P
Old 05-04-2016, 11:59 AM
The Saylors

Lol ya ya feministas unite and all that but please stop crashing my car already. She doesn't have fun when she cant control it anyway.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:46 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Saylors
Lol ya ya feministas unite and all that but please stop crashing my car already. She doesn't have fun when she cant control it anyway.
I understand and I was just joking. I think its awesome that she participates with you. Control is always better than a crash and parts replacement. RC ON!
Old 05-05-2016, 08:41 AM
The Saylors

Lol ya i know i don't take offense that easy Ya i really like it that she gets in on the fun with the rest of us. She was hooked once she put a 3s pack through the slash, but who wouldn't be.