Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

60a-sl esc

Old 11-18-2016, 04:59 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 60a-sl esc

I have a handful of these low budget 60A ESCs. Overall, I've been happy with there performance, but one has begun to act up. I started to re-calibrate it, and I do believe the little red Setup button is shot.

No matter how much pressure, and/or the angle I push it at, it's a no-go . I was thinking about trying to find some of them buttons to solder on a new one.

Anyone know the name of the type of button used for setting up the ESC? Momentary? Tactile?

Probably not even worth the trouble. If I can find the $.30 ~ $.50 button and have it shipped for a dollar or two, I want to give it a shot.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	60a esc.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	2190421  
Old 11-18-2016, 05:24 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they are normally open and change to normally closed when pressed.
You could wire any size momentary n.o. switch to it to test .

This might be close to the original?
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...BghzwBFr7SE%3d
Old 11-18-2016, 06:20 PM
RustyUs

Thanks flyinwalenda. I must say I'm learning so much in the past hour about mini SMD switches.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:07 AM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by RustyUs
I have a handful of these low budget 60A ESCs. Overall, I've been happy with there performance, but one has begun to act up. I started to re-calibrate it, and I do believe the little red Setup button is shot.
Another thought I had, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, the setup button is just used to close/complete a circuit. If I could bridge the gap, from point A to point B, with a piece of wire, that would be the same as pressing setup button. Correct?
Old 11-23-2016, 08:06 AM
RustyUs

No need for replacing switch. One little gadget in pit box arsenal that takes care of connecting point A to point B on circuit board...

I just had to touch each side of the setup button to make it work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stainless-steel-point-tweezer.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	2191056