Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Recommended brushless buggy kit with motor and ESC (have radio)?

Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Recommended brushless buggy kit with motor and ESC (have radio)?

Old 11-22-2016, 10:39 AM
Svante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended brushless buggy kit with motor and ESC (have radio)?

Hi. I'm looking for a kit for my son. It's to be used for street and backyard fun, no competions. I would have settled for a Tamiya kit but none seem to be delivered with a brushless setup. I already have a Futaba radio set and don't feel like buying a RTR set including radio and all. Has anyone a recommendation for a car that would fit my needs?
(As an alternative if no kit, I might also go for a ready for receiver option.) Thx
Old 11-22-2016, 02:21 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't need a brushless system for a Tamiya car, but a low powered (13.5T at max) is nice. Just make sure to buy a bearing kit while building to get rid of those pesky plastic bushings, they'll wear down fast with a brushless system.

For the kit, I would suggest a Grasshopper re-re-re-re-release (I think that's how many "re"s there are!!)as they are easy to build and fun to bash.

13.5 Motor; https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-approved.html

ESC; https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...ensorless.html
Old 11-22-2016, 02:31 PM
RustyUs

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

You're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place as they say. You are either going to find a RTR, with all the electronics, or a kit with no electronics. I don't know of any BYOT (Bring you own transmitter) brushless buggies, or any Add-Your-Own-Radio-Almost-Ready-To-Run packages out there.

My only thoughts are to buy a RTR brushless buggy/SCB; take out the receiver, and sell the transmitter/receiver.

Or, if you find a buggy kit you like, throw in a HobbyWing EZRun or Speed Passion Revention brushless motor/ESC combo. A HobbyWing 9T 4300kv motor maybe a bit much for a Tamiya? I don't know what those models can handle.