Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Arrma raider mega xl with 2s lipo question....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 05:12 AM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrma raider mega xl with 2s lipo question....

Hello rc world.
I brought my boys their 1st real R/Cs for xmas.
My older son has the "green" arrma raider xl, while my other son and i have the Mega version. Im not really into 2wd buggies, but for the price WHY not.

My question is:
i wanna make my mega buggy faster than stock 30mph.
So i brought an {{{ RC Gear Shop LiPo 2S 7.4V 4000mAh 40C Hrd Case Star Plg }}. Whats the best 2s setup that i can get with everything else being stock ? With a 2s can i reach 50mph ?
Old 01-15-2017, 08:05 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I would look at what's in the "green" Arrma Raider XL buggy for your Raider XL Mega speed needs . By "green" I assume it's the Raider XL BLX brushless model your older son has. Just by going to a 2S LiPo battery, you will see an increase in speed, more of a "boost" I should say. The XL Mega brushed model, even if geared correctly, would be struggling to reach 50mph with included electronics. A more powerful motor would be needed, and with that, you would need another ESC capable to handle the extra load.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:16 PM
RustyUs

Oh, and by the way, those are some of the best looking buggies around. Just my opinion, but they truly do fill the off-road look. I hope they are working out for you.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:12 AM
PeeBeMe

Yeah, my boys like the speed on these buggies. Probably because their not toys R us cars... 1more question ?? Is it easy to drop different electronics into these buggies , im use to nitro rc's ?
Old 01-16-2017, 06:40 AM
RustyUs

It is quite easy to bolt on all the power you, or others, think you can handle. I say that, because my first brushless motor I ever bought was too much for what I needed. I never really got a chance to use the "whole" motor during off-road track use. The XL Mega brushed Raiders only come with 35A ESCs. Bare minimum, if wanting to upgrade electronics, should be around a 60A ESC. For the price, I'd just throw in a HobbyWing EZRun WP-SC8, and call it a day .

Last edited by RustyUs; 01-16-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:54 PM
PeeBeMe

Thanks alot for all the helpful tips
Old 01-29-2017, 05:53 PM
PeeBeMe

Thanks