Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Team Associated sc pro 4x4 upgrades ?

Old 01-28-2017, 11:28 AM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated sc pro 4x4 upgrades ?

Hi there. Does this truck share parts with all sct ? I'm looking to upgrade my suspension and arms.... whats the best site for this truck on parts
Old 01-29-2017, 03:11 AM
RustyUs

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Sharing parts with all short course trucks is a bit of a reach. Tires/electronics/bodies are the only things/parts I can think of that could be used, or shared on all SCTs. An occasional nut and bolt as well. The bodies of course will be needing trimmed and mounted differently on each SCT, but they are pretty much "generalized"...throw them up on some posts; go catch some air .

You are in luck with front arms. If you can find them, RPM has replacement arms...front only though. I guess their thinking is a bit like mine, 'cause I break front arms a whole heck of a lot more than I do rear arms. I think I've only broke a rear arm once during my time in the hobby. If I had to put a number on the subject...30:1 front/rear a-arm breakage ratio.

As far as the suspension (are you talking shocks?) goes, just run 'em and enjoy them. I don't recall reading about the shocks being something in need of replacement.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:51 PM
PeeBeMe

Ok thanks
Old 01-30-2017, 10:07 AM
The Saylors

Wouldn't that be nice if all the parts were interchangeable! So much less searching and measuring.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:53 PM
RustyUs

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by The Saylors View Post
Wouldn't that be nice if all the parts were interchangeable! So much less searching and measuring.
Then we wouldn't have any rivalries or any brands/companies to complain about .

Then, the more I think about the posts, maybe ya'll are talking about the SC trucks within one company. The SC10 shares tons of parts in the "4" series of Associated's buggy/ST platforms. The ProLite/ProSC 4x4 share not so much of anything within AE's rides. But if you want to take a trip... the ProLite/ProSC 4x4s, somewhere around '06/'07, started their beginnings as a touring car . Thunder Tiger's Sparrowhawk chassis and drivetrain were put to use on touring cars, 4wd buggies, 4wd stadium trucks (truggies), and now the short course trucks for Associated .
Old 01-31-2017, 04:35 PM
PeeBeMe

Yes