Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

My Team associated pro sc just arrived !!

Old 02-01-2017, 06:32 PM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Team associated pro sc just arrived !!

I finally own a short course truck now. From the looks of it, i am very happy so far. Tomorrow my charger will be here, for my Rc Gear Shop 2s lipo.
Its a nice size compared to my arrma raider mega xl
Old 02-04-2017, 07:35 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What charger did you get? Hope that Lipo is at least 50C.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:08 AM
PeeBeMe

Hey there. I have a Rc gear shop 2s 4000mah 40c lipo...
Old 02-04-2017, 10:53 AM
EXT2Rob

That should do. Depending on the motor system it should be adequate. While the 4000mah rating is an indication of how long the pack will run, the 40C rating is an indication of how much current (amperage) it can dump in a given time. You'll feel it as "oomph". Or "punch". A 60C Lipo will feel more powerful than a 30C Lipo. Of course, you pay for that. That's why one 5000mah pack of the same brand costs more than another. How much is enough depends on your motor system and your wallet. What charger did you buy?
Old 02-04-2017, 02:30 PM
PeeBeMe

For right now, i have the Duratrax Li-24 balance Charger
Old 02-04-2017, 02:32 PM
PeeBeMe

I have the stock motor still in. I was trying to put picks up, but for some reason it won't let me
Old 02-04-2017, 10:25 PM
EXT2Rob

Won't let you? Sure the file size isn't too big? Only needs to be a couple hundred K, doesn't like Megabyte files.

3 Amp max charge rate.? Something that could do 5 or 6 Amps would be better, but not totally necessary.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:52 AM
PeeBeMe

My first time charging this battery, it took 90mins to charge on 3amps. Im looking for a good but cheap on price " balancer charger " i want a charger that can charge lipo & other 7.2 batteries. Again, thanks for all the tips
Old 02-05-2017, 07:34 AM
RustyUs

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The Reedy 550-SL 3500kV will not pull over-the-top amounts of watts from a battery. A 30C pack will generally be more than enough for a lighter weight 1/10 scale SCT. It never hurts to go overboard. Though sometimes the discharge rate is over-inflated from LiPo manufacturers and is why preempting what power requirements are needed. Also the way a person gears a motor, and terrain being run on, will affect the strain of the motor which will affect what it's trying to grab from the battery.

I can't wait for your thoughts on the SCT.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:57 AM
RustyUs

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

One dual charger that will be hard to beat for the price...Venom Pro Duo Dual Power Battery Charger
If you shop around, you can find the above charger for about $90 shipped. Other possible dual charger choice Orion Advantage One.

I say AC/DC dual charger because it's always nice to be charging two different battery chemistries at the same time without the need to have a separate power supply. I chose a slightly less powerful dual charger with the ability to give me internal resistance readings on individual cells. That specification was important to me as my LiPo batteries are getting up there in age, and I wanted to record their "health" status.

There are a whole slew of single battery chargers to chose from, and many $65 ~ $100 dual chargers (50w~100w x 2) out there to choose from as well. You just have to narrow down on what specs you think you will want and matters to you the most. Chargers with "Storage Charge" mode will normally mean they will discharge a battery to a safe level for short to long term storage. Sadly, not all chargers (most do) will offer a discharger/"Storage Charge" feature. More wattage; more batteries to charge; more features, and more "mainstream" brand = more money.

Last edited by RustyUs; 02-05-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added links