Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Emaxx, Xmaxx, Stampede Vxl or Erevo

Old 05-05-2017, 04:29 PM
bigtommy911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Emaxx, Xmaxx, Stampede Vxl or Erevo

Trying to figure out which one would be more fun. Not really racing just bashing around from time to time. Also considering xo1. What are your guys opinions.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:23 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I think there is fun to be had with each of those. Are you thinking the 4x4 stampede? otherwise it isnt really in the same group as the others. Xmaxx seems to be the the latest greatest thing they have going. Erevo sits a little lower while the Stampede sits a bit high.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:55 PM
bigtommy911

Thinking either stampede 4x4 Vxl or emaxx. Not ready to dump 1000 into. Xmaxx yet. What you think is good vehicle to get

Originally Posted by kistner
I think there is fun to be had with each of those. Are you thinking the 4x4 stampede? otherwise it isnt really in the same group as the others. Xmaxx seems to be the the latest greatest thing they have going. Erevo sits a little lower while the Stampede sits a bit high.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:12 PM
kistner

Well the emaxx is bigger, uses more batteries, needs a better charger (preferably for two batteries at once) but with all that comes the power and 'biggerness' of the emaxx. The stampede can run on a single battery, thereby using a single battery charger is a-ok. again, both will be fun, on paper the emaxx sounds more powerful and maybe more fun. But that isnt always the answer, one my my favorites is a cheesy old tamiya lunchbox despite owning several more powerful, faster, sophisticated rc's. I guess it comes down to personal preference, what was your last rc you got, do you want something very different from it? or similar?
Old 05-05-2017, 07:22 PM
bigtommy911

Well ive been using my classic xl1 stampedewant something 4x4 all terrain but then xo1 is fun car too

Originally Posted by kistner
Well the emaxx is bigger, uses more batteries, needs a better charger (preferably for two batteries at once) but with all that comes the power and 'biggerness' of the emaxx. The stampede can run on a single battery, thereby using a single battery charger is a-ok. again, both will be fun, on paper the emaxx sounds more powerful and maybe more fun. But that isnt always the answer, one my my favorites is a cheesy old tamiya lunchbox despite owning several more powerful, faster, sophisticated rc's. I guess it comes down to personal preference, what was your last rc you got, do you want something very different from it? or similar?
Old 05-05-2017, 07:34 PM
kistner

I have no experience with a 0-100 in 5 seconds rc! But I see the appeal.
As far as 4x4 versus 2wd, I tend to run the 4x4s in the winter in the snow more. ie: the rustler just doesnt go in the snow. But you get all 4 going and its no problem. But spring and summer we tend to run up and down the street with a little front yard thrown in. I guess thats another aspect you should think of, where are you running? Not to throw a monkey wrench in but the 4x4 slash might be a little different from your old stampede with the grip you are looking for? without getting a ton of extra batteries, etc. I'm a bit of a cheap old guy so I always have $ weighing in for me.

Last edited by kistner; 05-05-2017 at 07:36 PM. Reason: for spelling, I hate spelling errors
Old 05-05-2017, 07:38 PM
bigtommy911

Well I have property In front of my town house. Big yards and. Huge parking lots. Space isn't a issue. Also have woods behind house and some hills
Old 05-06-2017, 02:21 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by bigtommy911
Well ive been using my classic xl1 stampedewant something 4x4 all terrain but then xo1 is fun car too
You're all over the map !

You have listed some vehicles that are twice maybe three times the cost!

What is your budget? That will determine the vehicle .

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 05-06-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:49 AM
Rowdyray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had experience with all but the Xmaxx. That's out of our price range at the moment. Why would you want the 4WD Stampede if you already own the first version? It was a horrible design from the get go. Can't believe it's still being used. It's high center of gravity made it super tippy. Maybe you like chasing it down and flipping it over. In my circle of family and friends, there's at least 3 sitting on shelves. Waste of money.

The Emaxx is just a better version of the Stampede. Still has a high COG and tips a lot. But....it can take a beating. Designed well, and with a few upgrades, you can hand the remote to a 3 year old. We've done it. There's 3 Emaxx's and 2 Tmaxx 's in our group. All are the first generation. Updated, of course, but still being used.

I would highly suggest the Erevo. Light years ahead in design. Low COG keeps it upright, and can handle almost any terrain. We have 2 full sized Revos, 2 mini Revos and now a mini Summit. (Same thing).

I'm not bashing on Traxxas. They're great entry level RCs. But you have to spend just as much in hop-ups to
Old 05-06-2017, 03:48 PM
bigtommy911

Not on budget. Just wanna get another vehicle that's worth the money and not get bored with.

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
You're all over the map !

You have listed some vehicles that are twice maybe three times the cost!

What is your budget? That will determine the vehicle .
Old 05-12-2017, 11:17 AM
bigtommy911

I'm stumped between x01 the xmaxx or e revo
Old 05-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Rowdyray

Last edited by Rowdyray; 05-12-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Rowdyray

The x01 is strictly for the street. Do you have the space to open it up? Then what? Others to race against? I test new gear combos and break in new nitro motors on the street. Gets boring fast.

The xmaxx is big. Do you have the space for it? Plus the batteries are costly, if you want to have some real fun. Kind of why we've held off for now. The full sized Summit is a lot more affordable, if you're looking for big, and based off the Revo.

My vote is still for the Revo. You could easily turn it into a Summit, or put street tires on it and break 100 mph. Tons of videos on Youtube.

That's why I keep the old HPI Nitro RS4 MT Racer around. (O.S. .18 CV-R with a Cvec pipe) Put on the original body, street tires and a certain set of gears...it's a blast on the street. Put on a truck body, off road tires and change the gears...it's a blast in the dirt. Look for those crossover vehicles. Twice the fun for much less.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:39 PM
bigtommy911

Thanks for input. I do believe gonna go revo.xmaxx is nice and huge but I don't think work almost 1k
Old 05-14-2017, 12:35 PM
lifeatredline76

I think the e-revo is a great vehicle. The design, stability, performance and durability are excellent. I have the full size brushed model and carry extra equipment on-board and it has more power than it can put on the ground (four wheel spinout) if you gun it. The brushless models are way faster, and turn the tires into balloons at full throttle. I like the fact that the brushed model is brushless ready, meaning it has the upgraded drivetrain so it holds up to the brushed motors with ease. It will also provide excellent performance and run time on nimh batteries (it is lipo capable). I can easily drive for 40-60 minutes on 3000 mah 8.4v nimh packs, though I drive conservatively due to carrying cameras and radio equipment.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Liquid Fusion

Default This might help you decide.

Stampede 4x4:

Castle Creations Sidewinder v3 :
100,000rpm 3800kv brushless motor
60amp ESC

RPM:
A-Arms
Carriers

MIP: