Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Arrma va Traxxas?

Old 06-01-2017, 05:24 PM
bigtommy911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arrma va Traxxas?

What would good recommendation between two be for 4x4 truck. Heard good and bad things about Arrma but of course Traxxas is decent products.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:12 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

I don't think Arrma can come close to Traxxas as a company and quality customer service.
Traxxas has been around a lot longer and there are more upgrades available.
Traxxas products seem to be built better out of the box.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:15 PM
bigtommy911

Yeah but I'm hearing that Arrma quality is equal to if not better than Traxxas. I'm actually in process of looking at ERevo, Kraton. Nero or fazion just can't make up mind.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:02 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The debate has/will go on for a long time. For some, it's as simple as a coin toss. Each brand has it's good, and not so good platforms. For me, I know what I want from my next 4wd RC, and Traxxas doesn't have it. The good news...Traxxas vs. Armma = win/win either way in my book.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:56 PM
bigtommy911

Yeah I guess. I really don't know what I want. As long as it goes off road and 4x4. Hard to make up my mind. Any opinions on each or have experience on them? Only traxxas I will be interested in would be erevo. Or any arrma vehicle but unsure what to get.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:37 PM
mushia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrma va Traxxas, this is a question. But I think here Traxxas has more fans.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:34 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Traxxas may have more fans but Aarma has fans as well , They look similar and one could probably install a fan from Traxxas on an Arrma but even after that ....would they be a fan of Arrma?
On the flip side one could also possibly install a fan from Arrma on a Traxxas ,but again it begs the question ...would that person now be a fan of Traxxas?
H'mmmm.............
Old 06-13-2017, 12:24 PM
thesstype

Default I'd roll with ARRMA

Kraton, Nero, Big Rock, Fazion, or Stunt Truck for pure bashing; Talion, Senton, Typhon if interested in racing & bashing. Check out AussieRC on YouTube, his videos on ARRMA lineup is real deal.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:45 PM
J-Pat

I too would go with ARRMA, because I have a Typhon, but I understand why a lot of people go with Traxxas because of the availability of the parts.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:47 PM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did not Horizon Hobby taken over Arrma? Love my Arrma and I like my Traxxas.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:28 AM
andy boy

Traxxas UDR! Awesome RC,1/7th scale. Very scale in looks and performance. Love it. Go Traxxas. Traxxas support is second to none!
Old 04-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Hoyle33

Personally, I do not like how Traxxas runs their business

I understand that they want to be #1, but stealing designs from smaller competitors, patenting them, and then suing those smaller competitors just didn't sit right with me

I went with an Arrma Senton BLX 6S 4x4, and my brother has the Tarxxas Ultimate 4x4

We have driven our RC's together for months now, and he has had to make upgrades and has had to replace broken parts to keep up with mine, and mine has had no issues

My Arrma is just tough as nails and I am happy that it's doing better than it's direct competitor
Old 07-02-2019, 03:45 AM
mycarisaser

So I have both and had both (erevo and talion) both times the arrma has been the better vehicle. Sold both the rustler and erevo and still have the talion and kraton. They just held up better. Now I'm not a fan boy by any means. I'm more of a losi fan. Have a lst2, 8te 3.0, 8e 3.0, and a tenacity truggy. Had a scte 2.0.
So my decision to keep the two arrmas over the traxxas was simply they held up better and drove better
Old 07-08-2019, 03:01 PM
buggylee

Originally Posted by J-Pat
I too would go with ARRMA, because I have a Typhon, but I understand why a lot of people go with Traxxas because of the availability of the parts.
Originally Posted by thesstype
Kraton, Nero, Big Rock, Fazion, or Stunt Truck for pure bashing; Talion, Senton, Typhon if interested in racing & bashing. Check out AussieRC on YouTube, his videos on ARRMA lineup is real deal.
Originally Posted by Hoyle33
Personally, I do not like how Traxxas runs their business

I understand that they want to be #1, but stealing designs from smaller competitors, patenting them, and then suing those smaller competitors just didn't sit right with me

I went with an Arrma Senton BLX 6S 4x4, and my brother has the Tarxxas Ultimate 4x4

We have driven our RC's together for months now, and he has had to make upgrades and has had to replace broken parts to keep up with mine, and mine has had no issues

My Arrma is just tough as nails and I am happy that it's doing better than it's direct competitor

love my typhon. very tough and had one bolt break that holds the shock on. stock tires suck though
Old 07-16-2019, 07:03 AM
mrAlone

The 3 best things with Traxxas today 2019 is the TSM stability controll , this is the first

The next good with Traxxas is You can run them with decent speed with only 2s lipo, 2s lipo is leight weight, more secure than battery with more cells, . More Cells= more dangerous, more problems/ more cells / bigger risk things can go bad. Less Cells is better this way.
Also more cheap.

3-4s batteries is expensive, and weight alot,
2s you can find cheap and easy,
= No problem for most drivers own 4-6 pc 2s battery packs, You can find decent 25-35c 2s 5000mah lipos for around 25us pc free shipping from Hobbyking
Try that with 3-4s batteries and you will be poor guy after purschace HAHA.
I have not found any decent 4s battery under 45-50 us, they are expensive, and weight alot,. 4s you want atleast 40c rate continious i think also

The Last good thing is all the parts, parts awaiblity, and Options , Traxxas is easy find parts, and hop ups alot.

1 TSM great thing
2 Car like SLASH 4X4 got decent speed with cheap 2s lipo only, And they can always be driven in snow or rain also alot. Simple single or dual port chinese charger is okey and you found it very cheap for 2s lipos
3 All the option parts you can find .
Bonus = The new Sound System is Actually fun sometimes.

Arrma i think is best choice if you got money buy couple expensive 3-4s lipos and professional multi port charger that really takes care of the large 3-4s batteries best way , you dont want trouble with them ever.

Arrma is more Hardcore , Better from box for EXTREME BASHERS

If you Bash like Insane, Huge Jumps and things the Arrmas is better from BOX.

My dream car is Arrma, Put TSM in one, and Universal Engine Sound system that you can change different sounds with.

TSM at 50% is great and fun. You dont flip the car over alot after this, also you can drive much faster in and out from corners, then also drive Full Speed forward in Loose Sand alot more easy

This is only what i feel about these Cars.
We all like Different anyways

Both is very fun in the end
The following users liked this post:
gamergeezer91 (03-12-2022)
Old 05-02-2020, 04:34 PM
RICH.P

I had an Arrma Big Rock which I wrecked several times learning to drive it mostly in cold weather. I had some issues with driveshafts coming apart at the u-joints running on 3s. I also had a steering servo fail for no apparent reason. Armma took care of these issues with no problems. Other repairs were needed due to crashes like 2 broken chassis Etc. (probably should have started out on 2S). I retired that truck because someone gave me an Arrma Granite BLX which is almost the same truck as the big rock.. I have had very few issues with the Granite possibly due to better driving skills. I recently bought a Traxxas Rustler 4x4 VXL because Armma really had nothing comparable in that size,style and features. I wanted to go Armma again since I have 3 dynamite batteries with EC5 connectors that fit the Arrmas and was told that I cannot use them in the Traxxas only to find out otherwise after the purchase. It seems to me the Traxxas has a better design and there is more attention to detail and of course there are more adjustments, mods. and parts available. I am still not sure about durability yet but so far so good. Both the Arrma and the Traxxas are very fast. About the same with same battery. The Rustler handles so much better mainly because of its low ground clearance. The Arrmas tend to roll and flip alot because they are "monster trucks" with alot of ground clearance and sloppy tires. Could not choose between arrma and Traxxas because my Traxxas is still too new.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:18 AM
STBell

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have an Arrma Granite BLX 3s and having a blast. No racing, just backyard running.
The following 2 users liked this post by STBell:
gamergeezer91 (03-12-2022), RustyUs (05-03-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 07:31 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If Traxxas would offer me a 1/10 scale 4wd stadium truck/truggy as a kit, with decent aluminum threaded shocks, and at a reasonable price, I will be the first in line. Heck, I'd even buy a 1/8 scale ebug kit from them. Basically, the sun and planets have to be in alignment for it all to happen. YMMV. The same goes for Arrma as well...give me a kit to build.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:32 PM
midad04

I have two Arrma vehicles Typhon mega(son) and 3s(mine) I am currently working with Arrma due to issues with the cars, both are only less than a week old. Both have issues with the steering servo not centering and the transmitters being, well, very laggy. The brushless Typhon also has issues with the esc going into LVC at 11.5 volts or so on 3s. I just picked up a Tenacity DB pro and will be selling one of the Typhons as soon as Arrma takes care of the issues under warranty. I also had a nitro Rustler that would break if you looked at it funny, as far as reliability, my best luck has been with my Losi nitro 8ight-t, it has been solid and taken plenty of jumps and rolls without destroying itself and just based on the build of the DB pro it will as well.

Last edited by midad04; 05-10-2020 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Truckdriver198831

Traxxas is like the chevrolet or the rc world, they have made a good product, they have good customer support lots of part availability and aftermarket support, Arrma is new in the past 10 years, and they have done well , they listen to there customers and also make a good product , you cant go wrong with either , if you buy online or support a local hobby shop buy what you like and has the best after market support in your area, hope that helps