Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Issue with Helion Rock Rider ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 04:18 PM
willbacker45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with Helion Rock Rider ESC

just got this new truck a few days ago. Everything was running great at first but today when I turn it on it only beeps once and then it is non responsive. It used to beep and then play a little tune. But now just one beep and no tune? I am very new to this so any help would be appreciated!
Old 07-18-2017, 06:52 AM
suds79

Did you buy it new or used?

I recently got a Helion Volition from hobbytown, which I really like, and they told me within 90 days, electronics are covered.

Maybe you can take it back if it's new.

If nothing else, this video helped me program mine. Maybe you can do a ESC default reset on yours.

This is assuming your ESC is Reaktor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw-b...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-20-2017, 07:59 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you may have an electronic issue. It's warranty claim time! It's a drag, I know. Did you buy it online, or from a hobby store? If the latter, take it back, they should fix you up. You'll be back in the dirt in no time. If the former, then you'll probably have to pack it up and send it in to Horizon Hobby for warranty. And you'll have to wait a long time. They aren't the quickest. Hopefully you bought it locally.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:07 PM
jimjeep

You can either go through the steps to reset and calibrate the ESC as outlined in the user manual ( Click image for larger version

Name:	RockRider_Manual.pdf
Views:	62
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2225168 page14&15), if you purchased it at a local Hobbytown store then bring it in immediately for service so that hopefully the Helion warranty can take care of that for you. Helion is an exclusive brand of Hobbytown. Also, don't rule out a bad battery or radio system malfunction as possible cause. Good luck!