Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Identifying a Traxxas Slash model

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 06:50 AM
Nick2618

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Identifying a Traxxas Slash model

Hi all been out of RC game a while and thinking about getting in with a used Traxxas slash. Based on these 2 pics can someone confirm which model slash this is.

Thanks for any help.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:03 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Chad Hord edition. Looks like LCG chassis and brushless upgrades. I'm pretty sure it originally came with a brushed motor.

I'm not a Traxxass die hard so possibly I'm mistaken . I'm sure somebody will set you, and me straight.

Edit: Probably came in two flavors...brushed and VXL. Yahoo! Traxxas Slash Chad Horton edition.

Last edited by RustyUs; 03-28-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:11 AM
Nick2618

Thanks for the input. I actually did buy it last night and this thing is fast with that LiPo battery. He did say he changed out the chassis to a low ride one. Now I need to figure out how to use battery and charger.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:01 AM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like a bluetooth transmitter . Have you had a look at the receiver ? Might have TSM .
http://hitecrcd.com/products/chargers/acdc-chargers/x1-ac-plus-battery-charger/product
The manual is at the bottom of the page ,
Old 03-29-2018, 09:50 AM
Nick2618

Originally Posted by seedygreenute
Looks like a bluetooth transmitter . Have you had a look at the receiver ? Might have TSM .
X1 AC Plus Single Port AC/DC Charger | HITEC RCD USA
The manual is at the bottom of the page ,
I did open back of remote and no bluetooth attachment.

and thanks for manual link and I did manage to successfully charge the battery today. This truck with the 3 cell lipo is amazing and a ton of fun and I am happy to be back in the hobby. I think my first project is going to be opening open the motor and cleaning it since the manual recommend that every 10-15 runs.