Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Ecx torment transmission down guys and girls...

Old 10-30-2018, 08:43 PM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecx torment transmission down guys and girls...

" No speed runs or bashing for me today "
One of my trans gear set stripped, The middle gear stripped when I finally got the trans open to check things out.
I'll be upgrading to the metal gear set next week, after bills... everything was somewhat ok the other day on 2s. My very 1st time with my 3s Lipo, not even 5mins. Alot of wheelies after- all I did was tighten the spur and added the 3s lipo... I'm thinking I over tighten my spur gear. I noticed the problem when I ran into the grass area. .. My motor wasn't hot
< no temp gun with me at the time >

my gear setup was 18/54t [32p] with 2.8 tires = 118mm >>
team associated pro sc Reedy 3500kv motor as well..

my question is: was it geared to high and the grass was just the icing on the cake ?

Ebay $72.00 bid and LOVE this truck too. Upgrades when broken
Old 10-31-2018, 03:19 AM
RustyUs

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

That's the beauty of having a platform that can easily be upgraded to handle the bigger/larger/more everything. If all that you stripped was the idler gear, then I say it was a good day . Once you get one thing "beefed up" , the stress will travel to next weaker point. If I had to take a guess of what's next?, it will be the drive shafts twisting/failing. Don't worry though, 3S LiPo batteries tests the durability of a lot of trannies, and drivelines.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:26 PM
PeeBeMe

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
That's the beauty of having a platform that can easily be upgraded to handle the bigger/larger/more everything. If all that you stripped was the idler gear, then I say it was a good day . Once you get one thing "beefed up" , the stress will travel to next weaker point. If I had to take a guess of what's next?, it will be the drive shafts twisting/failing. Don't worry though, 3S LiPo batteries tests the durability of a lot of trannies, and drivelines.
yeah right. I'll be upgrading my drive shaft and gear set at the same time next week
Old 10-31-2018, 06:28 PM
PeeBeMe

Originally Posted by PeeBeMe View Post
yeah right. I'll be upgrading my drive shaft and gear set at the same time next week
Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post

I guess I'll be riding my buggy tomorrow, until then....