Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

~1/8 Truggys: RC8T3.1e or ET48.3 i cant decide

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 09:13 AM
STANG KILLA SS
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ~1/8 Truggys: RC8T3.1e or ET48.3 i cant decide

will be used for racing. currently on a rough loose track, but will be converting to Clay in the future. im staying away from the TLR Eight-T 3.0 as ive had a little issue with the losi plastic in the past. but if its the better machine im open to it
i also own Associated, Tekno, and losi 1/10 race trucks.

suggestions? is one better at something, and the other at others?
any input and insite would be appreciated!
-Cory
Old 12-15-2018, 06:28 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi Cory,
Can't go wrong with either truck, if you are military, then TEKNO gives a military discount: https://www.teknorc.com/military-discount/

TEKNO also offers a lifetime 50% warranty for any broken/worn parts (including OEM bodies) you mail into them: https://www.teknorc.com/warranty-repair/

I feel that TEKNO is more durable than Associated and will tend to be less expensive to maintain over the long haul. If you come down to Thornhill on Dec 22 (next Sat), you're more than welcome to test drive my ET48.3 during open practice from 10am-11:30am. There are lots of local TEKNO team drivers in the are to help you with your setup as well.

As far as handling goes, it's about a wash, either truck can be setup to your personal preference in handling aggressive or stable. Associated a pinch easier to maintain but TEKNO won't nickle and dime you on upgrades like Associated will.

Regards
Bill DeLong

Last edited by bill_delong; 12-15-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:41 PM
STANG KILLA SS

great post.
i like the looks of the AE chassis and body better. and i also used to race AE stadium trucks back in the 90s so im kinda nostalgic to them.
but the teknos are just bullet proof. i also notice the forums have 3 times the posts for tekno vs the AE, but the 48.3 has also been out longer than both the T3.0 AND 3.1.
i may come watch you. having people to share info and setups is important.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:30 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Sounds good Cory, hope to see you out at Thornhill on Saturday!

Here's my truck, I usually try to pit in the middle of the room towards the entrance closest to the track:

Click image for larger version

Name:	35238617281_75187d6d39_z.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	2263032
Old 12-27-2018, 07:30 AM
STANG KILLA SS

man with the holiday crazyness i completely forgot. sorry about that. hope ya did well.

another plus for the AE is that it has a 46T spur vs the Tekno 44T. i already have a Castle 2200 kv which is a little higher than the prefered 1900-2000kv.
the larger AE spur will help me gear down more to compensate more. i believe the smallest pinion the tekno can run is 15T.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:57 AM
STANG KILLA SS

well after my old man got a ARRMA Talion for Fathers day (its actually quite amazing. even compared to our full tuned race trucks!)
i couldnt let him have all the fun. with 7 seconds left i sniped a new in box RCT3.1e last night for $435

cant wait!