Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Getting back into RC. New guy here

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 07:33 AM
WickedFrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting back into RC. New guy here

Just wanted to say hi. I am a 48 year old kid that has a 7 year old that I want to start buying better RC cars for. I started into RC over 30 years ago with the Kyosho Javelin​​​​​​.

I am looking at buying the HG P407 for my son. It is a copy of the Tamiya Bruiser, and it is believed to be made by the people that produced the Bruiser re-release kits, but that is unconfirmed.

Does anyone have any input on this truck? Or have any similar recommendations for quality 1/10th scale trucks? I am trying to stear clear of toy grade or cheaper brands like Traxxas, and want something I can buy cheap, but slowly upgrade into a really cool RC truck. I also like the realistic scale look better than the off-the-wall truck designs.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2019, 04:13 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I would not trust HG, where can you get parts for them? What is their reputation for long term support?

Traxxas is not known for durability either, they have very dated designs and require far too many expensive upgrades making them very a very poor value when compared to a "race grade" brand that already includes upgrades in the kit.

I would encourage you to go with any of the following brands provided you start with something that is no older than 1 release old and still has solid parts support:

Team Associated
Team Losi
PR Racing
TEKNO

Also consider a 4WD SCT:Which 1/10 4WD SCT is the best?
Old 10-21-2019, 03:56 AM
WickedFrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a lot of parts for the HG P407 already. Most of the Bruiser parts are a direct fit. I always wanted the Bruiser, but couldn't afford one.

I have have numerous Team Associated cars. And I am familiar with Losi. All good stuff. Thanks for the link. I will check that out.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:05 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedFrog
There are a lot of parts for the HG P407 already. Most of the Bruiser parts are a direct fit. I always wanted the Bruiser, but couldn't afford one.

I have have numerous Team Associated cars. And I am familiar with Losi. All good stuff. Thanks for the link. I will check that out.
That is what they are counting on.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...coming-soon%21