Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

parts for Tower Hobbies Cutback 4x4

Old 11-29-2019, 05:29 PM
TVR4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts for Tower Hobbies Cutback 4x4

A friend gave me his old Tower Hobbies Cutback 4x4 truck and there are some parts that need to be replaced.
I could not find anything on the Tower Hobbies web site.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old 12-01-2019, 04:58 AM
RustyUs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...k-chassis.html
Old 12-01-2019, 06:28 AM
RustyUs

I did a really quick search. Didn't come up with much. I even checked ModelsportUK, and they don't list the Maverick "wolves" anymore. I'll let you dig deep in the interwebs. I checked HPI/Maverick's website and couldn't find the manual for the Timberwolf, or Desertwolf.

The Cutback was popular for about two seconds; had a very short life in the RC world. If it were me in the same situation, and I couldn't easily find parts, I'd move on to a new platform. Especially, if it's your only RC to play with. There is nothing like typing in a part number; part(s) in shopping cart, and being shipped to your door....all in a matter of minutes (sometimes, even seconds).
Old 12-08-2019, 04:45 PM
TVR4

I don't understand how this can help. I looked around that site and there are no parts.

How can I find parts for the Cutback, either original or compatible parts ?
Old 12-09-2019, 10:58 AM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
I did a really quick search. Didn't come up with much. I even checked ModelsportUK, and they don't list the Maverick "wolves" anymore. I'll let you dig deep in the interwebs. I checked HPI/Maverick's website and couldn't find the manual for the Timberwolf, or Desertwolf.

The Cutback was popular for about two seconds; had a very short life in the RC world. If it were me in the same situation, and I couldn't easily find parts, I'd move on to a new platform. Especially, if it's your only RC to play with. There is nothing like typing in a part number; part(s) in shopping cart, and being shipped to your door....all in a matter of minutes (sometimes, even seconds).
Originally Posted by TVR4 View Post
I don't understand how this can help. I looked around that site and there are no parts.

How can I find parts for the Cutback, either original or compatible parts ?
Exactly. That's why I said I'll let you dig deep.

I encourage anyone buying/appropriating a used RC to look for parts support before getting their hopes up. You can often find pieces to modify and fit. How much time and effort a person wants to put into keeping something running, is up to them.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:17 AM
RustyUs

I was very interested in purchasing a 4wd SCT. The Cutback caught my eye, back then, when looking for a low budget short course truck. Some poor reviews came in, and I went in another direction. A short time later...it's (Cutback) discontinued. That was many years ago.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:34 AM
TVR4

I completely understand the various opinions. However I can not afford to buy a new RC kit.

My neighbor gave me the cutback complete with radio, receiver, motor and two NiMh batteries. All I had to add was an ESC. After that I decided to purchase two LiPo batteries.

I used to be into this many years ago and have 4 other vehicles, all 75mhz AM. I have a 1/10 Formula 1, 1/16 Formula 1, a 1/10 1950 Mercury and a Turbo Raider Pro off road buggy.

The older vehicles are nowhere as demanding on batteries or other hardware. But I am looking to upgrade the big F1 car to current technology.
​At some point I may be able to purchase another 4x4 truck. But for the near future I cant afford a big purchase